Methinks DOXA sent me the wrong watch .....

Thread: Methinks DOXA sent me the wrong watch .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Methinks DOXA sent me the wrong watch .....

This is amazing ....

Last Friday, I received my 750T Pro in FedEx from DOXA. You may have seen my earlier thread showing (eventually ...) the first pics ....

Anywho ....

I got home Friday eve, adjusted the bracelet, set the time (hacked to the second with the atomic wall clock in my kitchen), gave her a few turns to start the motor, then strapped 'er on.

I've yet to remove it from my wrist since .... nor have I adjusted the time / date. Do you know that this thing is at +/- 0 (that's ZERO) seconds off? Not a few seconds slow, not a few seconds fast .... dead-on to the atomic clock. No gain or loss ..... at all.

I'm wondering if DOXA unknowingly sent me a regulated and adjusted COSC by mistake ....

This is absolutely amazing to me ... most of my collection is centered around Seiko's (love 'em!), but without exception, all of them "drift" a few seconds either way. Even my two G-Shock's, once set to the second with each other, have drifted two seconds apart. Not this puppy though; she's dead-on. Wild ......

How 'bout it Friends .... are your beauties keeping immaculate time, or are you noticing the drift of a few seconds? Am I one of the lucky few that gets a dead-on 2824?

In case you don't know the watch I'm talking about, here's (another bad) shot ..... thanks for reading my slightly insane ramblings ...

All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: Methinks DOXA sent me the wrong watch .....

All of my 750Ts with 2824s are 5-7 secs / day off. Pretty pleased with that. My GMTs with the 2893s are more along the line of 2-3sec/day. You just got lucky..........Punk.

I do think that either the 2824 or the 2893 could be regulated by the right watchmaker to +/- 1 sec/day............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

My Sub 750T is the most accurate watch I own as well. I just checked mine and it was 4 seconds slow of the atomic clock. I set it last around 3-4 weeks ago. None of my COSC watches are anywhere near as accurate. Here is my scratch magnet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Don't be too disappointed in a month or so when your watch "settles in" and goes out a few seconds one way or the other. I'm not saying it will, just that it can and many do.

For me my Mil Sharkey is +5 seconds and the T-Graph is -4 seconds. No issues at all here i can live with this.

Smurfe as for the COSC watches not close to your Pro if they are still in warranty period I would send it back to get regulated. No reason a watch certified should be off what the specs of COSC should be. My Omega is +1 second which for what it's worth has not had any wrist time since Doxa came into the mix. enough rambling for now.

take care
    Thanks Nick

not to burst your bubble..give it a few days and see what happens..you pay for what you get. enjoy! the2ster

Its a very reliable movement, I have the same movement in my Millimetre and it is extremely accurate. Both my doxas and others with this movement are as spot-on as my Planet Ocean. The PO is more sensitive to the winder and/or how it is set on the watch case.

good stuff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    All of my 750Ts with 2824s are 5-7 secs / day off. Pretty pleased with that. My GMTs with the 2893s are more along the line of 2-3sec/day. You just got lucky..........Punk.

I do think that either the 2824 or the 2893 could be regulated by the right watchmaker to +/- 1 sec/day............
    my 2824 Tissot was regulated and is now dead on as long as I'm wearing it. It'll gain a couple seconds a day if I let it just sit.

All my DOXAs are within +/- 5s each day too, so I am pretty happy with their performance. Hence, I don't think I would pay extra for a COSC model (not that the movements are plentiful anyways, so I probably won't get a chance).
    Lots of dive watches.

My GMT Caribbean has been consistent at +2-3 secs per day since I bought it about a month ago! I'm very pleased with it.
    Darin

Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information