Micro swirls on the bezel.

Thread: Micro swirls on the bezel.

Micro swirls on the bezel.

I know they are part of the game and for the most part I can live with them. Occasionally one happens that stands out for me due to position or the way I hold my wrist. I'm not talking about dings or gouges - just swirls that you only see in certain light. How do you remove these? Sometimes I have great luck with silver polish or car wax. Other times I end up with a dull spot and need to start the process over. Is there a product or method that consistently works? Does Cape Cod cloth leave a true mirror polish or just really fine scratches? Tried a search but didn't find what I was looking for...

TIA
    Last edited by 92degrees; June 20th, 2013 at 16:53.

Banned

Re: Micro swirls on the bezel.

Indeed and this the part of Doxa Sub watches that is irritating to say the least and a reason fro getting the 300TG with a sapphire bezel! Be careful about using Cape Cod as do not be surprised if the paint comes off!

Was surprised to find Cape Cod cloth locally. It worked great. Certainly had to be careful to avoid the numbers but it did a nice job very easily.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have you tried it on the clasp? It's not the same finish, though, I don't think. Wold love to find a solution to cleaning it up a bit.

The clasp is brushed so you wouldn't want to use the Cape Cod cloth unless you're lookin' for some bling. It will do the job... Some guys polish the "beads" on a BOR, but I think that "cheapens" the look of the bracelet and certainly reduces its value (to me). The 4000T/300TG comes with a bracelet that's brushed and polished. If I could brush the bracelet to a factory look I'd do it.

One caution when using the Cape Cod cloth on the bezel. Make sure you don't polish the brushed inner part and also be careful when you tape it off. Don't press the tape into the numbers or minute hash lines because the adhesive will lift off the numbers. I was touching up my daily-wear Searambler the other day and did exactly that--lifted off the black paint on a couple of the numbers. Classic maneuver: try and do something like a simple repair on my own and make it worse!

It's easily avoided so I know not to press the tape down so hard next time. I use regular 3M painters masking tape.

I didn't tape the inner bezel but was able to keep the corner of a cloth on the polished bezel only.

Thread Information