Mil Shark owners question. . .

Thread: Mil Shark owners question. . .

Kev

Mil Shark owners question. . .

Hey guys. Has anyone had a leather strap on a PVD case for a long time? I am wondering if the constant rubbing of a thick leather strap against the watch case (between the lugs) would wear the PVD over time. Thanks for your input.

Kev.

Re: Mil Shark owners question. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Hey guys. Has anyone had a leather strap on a PVD case for a long time? I am wondering if the constant rubbing of a thick leather strap against the watch case (between the lugs) would wear the PVD over time. Thanks for your input.

Kev.
    Sorry Kev, I am not sure. I am a bracelet guy through and through. I did however take a couple shots of my Mil Sharky this afternoon. I have to say, this is a rugged little beast. There is a ding at the 22 min mark on the bezel and several small scuffs on the case right below. This just shows that the PVD coating is not indestructible. It was damaged by the gentleman that I bought it from. It has kindof taken the heat off being careful with it. I wear it everyday to work. I am really not hard on it, but I do not baby it in the least. It is a good watch, and I can't wait to dive with it this next week in Bonaire........

Best Regards,
    Jason

I have two PVD watches unfortunately I have never worn either on a leather band. However, I've had one on a Zulu and the other on a rubber band for the last two years. The one on the rubber had been on a bracelet for five years and the only wear was from the pressed steel endlinks. I can't imagine that leather would be much of a problem since the only area of contact should be the small area at the lug ends. I don't think I would have had the endlink problem if it had been a Doxa because Doxa's endlinks are really tight. The other watch that's on a Zulu has shown no signs of wear after over two years.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nothing that a little black permanent marker can't fix!! touch it up and it will look as good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Sorry Kev, I am not sure. I am a bracelet guy through and through. I did however take a couple shots of my Mil Sharky this afternoon. I have to say, this is a rugged little beast. There is a ding at the 22 min mark on the bezel and several small scuffs on the case right below. This just shows that the PVD coating is not indestructible. It was damaged by the gentleman that I bought it from. It has kindof taken the heat off being careful with it. I wear it everyday to work. I am really not hard on it, but I do not baby it in the least. It is a good watch, and I can't wait to dive with it this next week in Bonaire........

Thread Information