The Military Sharkhunter - Page 4

Thread: The Military Sharkhunter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: The Military Sharkhunter

Don't forget us with small wrists... 1000T mil-sharkie please :)

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Wow! Can't wait to see the new Milkshark.

It would be cool if they gave it a broader ranging name. Instead of "Military", maybe something like "Tactical". It has just as much relevance in a law enforcement role as it does military.

I know it's just a name, but names do have an affect on people.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

That's great news and I hope that DOXA uses a matte finish. From pictures alone it seems that the 750 Mil's coating was a bit on the shiny side and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

Peter

Doxa 600T #306
    Doxa Caribbean #57
    Glashutte Original Sport Evo Date
    IWC 3717-01
    IWC Ceramic Ingenieur
    Omega SpeedMaster Pro 3570.
    Omega SpeedMaster Broad Arrow
    Omega SpeedMaster Snoopy
    Stowa Airman Non-Logo Auto LE #69

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by freakygreek View Post
    That's great news and I hope that DOXA uses a matte finish. From pictures alone it seems that the 750 Mil's coating was a bit on the shiny side and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

Peter
    I'll put it this way. In 1979 and 1980, I had new Pontiac Trans Ams (think Smokey and the Bandit for the first one). Anyway, the trim ring around the windshield was black. But not flat black, nor gloss like the finish on the rest of the car. When the paint chipped badly on one, I had a friend re-do the paint in the correct color and finish, which I then learned was a "semi gloss" black.

A long way to tell you that to me, this finish looks very much like the "semi gloss" black used on auto trim very often. I thinks it's perfect and shouldn't change!

Quote Originally Posted by Subkrawler
    Instead of "Military", maybe something like "Tactical". It has just as much relevance in a law enforcement role as it does military.
    Probably even more. But the name "Tactical" has been so overused in tac circles as to have become a joke I'm sorry to say. The word "Tacticool" is now often used sarcastically to described anything remotely construed as poser type tactical gear. I guess the "mall ninja's" are largely to balme for this.... anyway, I kinda like "Milshark" as a nickname for it .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Any word on the dial layout? Same as the 5K Sharkie....?

REPLY BY DOXA

ABSOLUTELY !, it was announced that way.

DOXA S.A.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; January 26th, 2008 at 12:01.
    If you've never crashed, you've never gone fast enough.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Probably even more. But the name "Tactical" has been so overused in tac circles as to have become a joke I'm sorry to say. The word "Tacticool" is now often used sarcastically to described anything remotely construed as poser type tactical gear. I guess the "mall ninja's" are largely to balme for this.... anyway, I kinda like "Milshark" as a nickname for it .
    I know the word tactical is way over used. I was trying to illustrate a word that was still relevant to the PVD Sharkhunter, but wasn't specifically geared toward the end user, i.e. military or law enforcement.

Lets say they did use the word tactical. You and I both know it's overused and sort of a joke in tactical circles, but that's because we're shooters and part of the gun culture. I wonder how many regular joes are aware of that? Probably not very many.

You're right, "Tactical Tommy" with his tac. vest and drop-leg holster, is fun to chuckle at while spending time at the range. However if the SHTF and I found myself pinned down, out gunned and out numbered, with back-up no where in sight..."Tactical Tommy" with his "tacticool" gear would be a damned welcome sight. As long as he knows how to run his TUBARed M-4gery and is willing to join the fight, he can be my brother-in-arms any time.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I am VERY interested!

My commitment to purchase will based on two things: 1) markers that aren't flashy SS and 2) availability for purchase using returning customer discount.

I think that the SS markers on the 5000T Sharkie are fantastic, based on pictures so far. I look forward to seeing the markers on the proposed 5000T MilSharkie.

Rob
    - 750T Pro, Pro GMT, Caribbean GMT, and Sharkie owner
    - future 5000T Sharkie owner (on order, awaiting delivery)

Absolutely. I picked up the 750 MilShark and love it. I was tempted to pull the trigger on the 5000T, but went with a 750 Pro instead. The fusion of the two just might be my third Doxa! :thanks
    Panerai PAM 111G
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
    Breilting Chrono Colt Automatic

Tritium please.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Okay, you got me with a "new" one (to me). TUBARed? Never heard of it. Guessing it might be some sort of a cross between Tango Uniform and FUBARed, but a google left me scratching my head . (Even Wiki let me down!). ETA: Found it. Oddly, my Entry Tactical is bone stock, not even optics.... so far (well, there is a single point sling).
    P.S. Love my M4gery, and always welcome competent others with their own, and in an EOTWAWKI situation, would definitely be predisposed to become good friends with same!

Meanwhile, back to the new Milshark, I'm really looking forward to seeing the 5000T in a dark, sinister sort of edition (just read in another post, February!). I may need to get one of those... too!
    Last edited by T Bone; December 27th, 2007 at 20:11.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information