The Mission 31 Professional is Here!!
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Mission 31 Professional is Here!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

The Mission 31 Professional is Here!!

Alright guys here it is, the watch we've been waiting for...the DOXA Sub Mission 31 Professional. Mission 31 is Fabien Cousteau's 31 day mission aboard the Aquarius underwater laboratory, commemorating his grandfather's Conshelf II Mission of 1963. In support of this mission, DOXA has created the Mission 31 Professional, to equip Cousteau and his team as they live 31 days continuously under water. Along with the watches used by the team, there will be an additional 31 watches aboard the Aquarius laboratory, available for purchase by 31 lucky DOXA fans! This is exciting, because once again DOXA is teaming with a Cosuteau, to help them time mission critical events, as well as support a project focused on ocean conservation, and human involvement with the sea.

For the full story, visit the DOXA Mission 31 website, where you'll be able to pre-order these special Subs, and track the count down to mission: DOXA | MISSION 31

Here's the link to Fabien's Mission 31 website: Fabien Cousteau's Mission 31

A link to a UK article about the project: Aquanaut grandson of Jacques Cousteau will spend 31 days living underwater off the Florida coast in a lab the size of a school bus | Mail Online
    Last edited by subkrawler; June 24th, 2013 at 01:05. Reason: typo
    zod368 likes this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: The Mission 31 Professional is Here!!

Great new addition!
    Last edited by Big_Red; June 24th, 2013 at 03:24.

Finally the wait is over! Cheers to Doxa for supporting Cousteau’s Mission 31! Great cause and a beautiful looking watch. Love to see some wrist shots of this watch to see how it sits on the wrist. Looks like it may have a similar fit & size as a Doxa 750T or 1500T might have on the wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: The Mission 31 Professional is Here!!

Über cool - great cause, great occasion, great watch.
    I've said it before, the size (of this watch) is simply too much for me, but I like it no less.
    Well done, Doxa

RonB
    Last edited by MHe225; June 24th, 2013 at 01:09.
    subkrawler likes this.

Banned

I am happy with my 750T COSC Professional, 1500T Professional and 5000T COSC Professional and 800Ti (which this looks like it is based on!) so I am not interested and I will pass with this model to give someone else an opportunity to own one of these from new. Thanks for revealing and I wish Cousteau a successful Mission 31 and Doxa Sub good exposure. If anyone buys one and then later decides to sell it I may be interested in getting one for $1,750! Will the movement be the same as the 800Ti ETA 2824 or the more superior 2892 in the 1500T & 5000T models? Why couldn't have this come out in a 1500T Professional version, only 50 models made to date, in stainless steel (not titanium) with a HRV/HEV and the better ETA 2892 movement?
    Last edited by mondrayuk; June 24th, 2013 at 02:14.

Not only a great watch but a really great endeavor. I can't wait to see one "in the flesh".

Banned

I agree with you Dr. Pete "amigo" - I have just bought an immaculate near mint condition 300T Seahunter Pro 2002 model with everything including full bracelet, tube, strap, tools, original warranty sheets and the certificate signed by Clive Cussler for $1,875. That for me is a greater watch Case in Point!
    Cosmograph likes this.

Very cool story, and a great cause. Liking that updated bracelet on the classic dial/case. My wallet is relieved though, as I'd rather take one of these updates in a slightly smaller case and a Sharkie dial.

...also, looks like limited to not 31 pieces but 331. Slightly better odds.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 7.11.19 PM.png
Views: 1265
Size:  110.1 KB

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    ...also, looks like limited to not 31 pieces but 331. Slightly better odds.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-06-23 at 7.11.19 PM.png
Views: 1265
Size:  110.1 KB
    That's right, 31 will actually go on the mission and will come with a certificate guaranteeing such. Of the other 300, Cousteau and his team will each be issued a watch, and the remainder will be available, but will not have been on the mission, and will not come with a certificate.
    Last edited by subkrawler; June 24th, 2013 at 06:04. Reason: clarification
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information