Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

Thread: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    299

    Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Ok so i have a GMT bracelet and a Sub 750T bracelet, i have got the endlinks mixed up and would like to seperate them before i send them out (i have sold them both)

    i will take pics soon,

    First question is what is the Lug width of the GMT and 750T are they diiferent? (i shall measure my end links to check the difference)

    One set of endlinks have a lot of ridges on the innerside, the other set are smoother which are likely to be which?

    Cheers, Ric

    EDIT - PIC -

    Last edited by casioric; July 18th, 2007 at 03:53.

  2. #2
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Quote Originally Posted by casioric View Post
    Ok so i have a GMT bracelet and a Sub 750T bracelet, i have got the endlinks mixed up and would like to seperate them before i send them out (i have sold them both)

    i will take pics soon,

    First question is what is the Lug width of the GMT and 750T are they diiferent? (i shall measure my end links to check the difference)

    One set of endlinks have a lot of ridges on the innerside, the other set are smoother which are likely to be which?

    Cheers, Ric

    EDIT - PIC -

    The only thing I can tell you is that the 750T endlinks are slightly shorter (make sense?). They are the same width (lug to lug), but when installed, the 750T endlinks are more "flush" with the case. The GMT endlinks stick out ~1mm when installed........

    Hope this helps..........
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    299

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Hi, hmmm its hard to tell, i took some more pics, the one with the inner ridges is the one on the right in all pics



    Cheers, Ric

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    OK, I just pulled out 4 GMT endlinks that I do not have installed at the moment. All 4 have the "Ridges" like your endlink on the right in the pics. I am not saying that is a definite, but I think it is a fairly safe bet......
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    299

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Hi Jason, sounds good so it is likely the ridged ones are the GMT ones.
    Can anyone else chime in with their opinions, i want to 100% sure before i send these bracelets out to their new owners

    Cheers, Ric

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    540

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Quote Originally Posted by casioric View Post
    Hi Jason, sounds good so it is likely the ridged ones are the GMT ones.
    Can anyone else chime in with their opinions, i want to 100% sure before i send these bracelets out to their new owners

    Cheers, Ric
    I checked my GMT v std bracelet and agree. In the above pics, GMT endlinks are on right. The notches that the rice beads attach to in the GMT bracelet are not as deep as the standard 750T.

    FWIW neither of my endlinks have ridges on them. For reference, my GMT bracelet came off of a DS GMT and the standard 750T bracelet is off the COSC RR.
    Last edited by twylie; July 18th, 2007 at 15:52.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    299

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    thanks twylie! Also could you look, at the last pic i posted above, see the gaps where you would get the spring bars out from and how it is bigger on the left one than the right, is this the same for your GMT endlinks?

    Cheers! Ric

    EDIT -

    Quote Originally Posted by twylie View Post
    FWIW neither of my endlinks have ridges on them. For reference, my GMT bracelet came off of a DS GMT and the standard 750T bracelet is off the COSC RR.
    Really oh, well i want to be completely sure on this

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    540

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Quote Originally Posted by casioric View Post
    thanks twylie! Also could you look, at the last pic i posted above, see the gaps where you would get the spring bars out from and how it is bigger on the left one than the right, is this the same for your GMT endlinks?
    Gaps for springbar removal are slightly larger on my GMT ( < 0.5mm, maybe closer 0.025mm). Close enough that I wouldn't think that's an accurate differentiator. My bracelets were from at least a year apart in when the watches were sold so mine may not be a good comparison. May be best to wait for a response from DOXA on this one.

    twylie

  10. #9
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    Quote Originally Posted by twylie View Post
    May be best to wait for a response from DOXA on this one.

    twylie
    I doubt Doxa SA can tell from pics...........
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    299

    Re: Mixing up end links! GMT vs Sub 750T

    thanks twylie, i should have mentioned it is the pin and collar 750T as opposed to the newer screw type

    Anyway i spoke to Doxa on the live chat and sent them the pic, i got confirmation that the ridged one is the GMT so im pretty happy with that

    Cheers all!

    Ric

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: BRAND NEW Doxa 750T bracelet - new style with screw links
      By Tim P. in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 11th, 2007, 00:08
    2. FSOT: Doxa Subs!!! 750T Caribbean and 750T Sharkhunter
      By Tim P. in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 4th, 2007, 19:23
    3. Watch deal went bad with David Allen UPDATE: matter resolved!
      By SJACKAL in forum Watch Deals, Feedback & Reputation
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 4th, 2007, 04:48
    4. FS: Steel NSA Swiss NOS bracelets beads, brushed, bark, curved or flat links styles
      By Squinky in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 3rd, 2006, 18:06

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •