Mum got the book. Mick got the watch

Thread: Mum got the book. Mick got the watch

Smile Mum got the book. Mick got the watch

Well after having flights canceled and running round like a madman. We made it to New York for a 24 hour meet up with my mum and brother.

Mum was the happiest woman in the world. She was just so please with the book and dedication to my dad. It was great feeling to see the smile on her face. No amount money in the world competes with that.

I gave our Mick the T-Graph. He took off the plastic and put it on. It fit perfectly. No adjusting no link removal. Nothing. At 6' 2" he's a big lump of a man and has arms like Popeye and the watch actually looked small on him. We wandered round NY all day and just took photos of us with the wrists up and showing the watches. Couple of kids He said that he wouldn't need a gun or nightstick to arrest people he could take of the Doxa and club them with it

Back home now and knackered but well worth the hassle and expense.

Oh just to explain. In out family everyone is prefixed with 'our'. Mum would say go 'tell our Pete or our Bronagh or our Nuala or our Marty or our Mick that dinners ready'. It started as kids and just stuck so now whenever we talk about any of the family its always our mum or our dad or our Mick etc etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Mum got the book. Mick got the watch

I'm glad that your family found joy in your book. Your right your brother has some nasty arms.

Cheers

Peter

Doxa 600T #306
    Doxa Caribbean #57
    Glashutte Original Sport Evo Date
    IWC 3717-01
    IWC Ceramic Ingenieur
    Omega SpeedMaster Pro 3570.
    Omega SpeedMaster Broad Arrow
    Omega SpeedMaster Snoopy
    Stowa Airman Non-Logo Auto LE #69

Sounds like a great trip. Seeing family is always a special time.

Mick looks like he could be a super hero! Wow!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Wouldn't want to be breakin' the law in your brother Mick's jurisdiction. I'm sure your Mum is exceedingly proud of her boy on the book front. Glad you got to meet up with the family, as you know, family is so important, and you only get the one.

Hope all had pleasant flights back home .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

remind me not to get trapped in a dark alley with your brother chasing me, I would not want to be pounded by those fists or the doxa!

yeesh, your bro is haaaauuuuge. Was he ever in that 'Fantastic 4' movie or the TV show 'The Shield'? yikes, he'd crush me with his pinky alone.

Awesome for you to travel so far for so short a period. Shows what kind of guy you really are and we already knew you were such a great human being. Family IS the most important thing in this world. There are a bunch of really nice fella's around this neck of the woods and even though I haven't met any of ya, I consider you extended family.

Thanks for sharing!

Doc,

I think you violated forum rules by posting pics of those guns on your bro. No guns allowed . Nice pic and nice watch. I'm sure he will get much enjoyment out of it. Nice to see that you are so close to your bro .
    Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    Doc,

I think you violated forum rules by posting pics of those guns on your bro. No guns allowed . Nice pic and nice watch. I'm sure he will get much enjoyment out of it. Nice to see that you are so close to your bro .
    If you're in the same room as Dr Pete's brother, you ain't got much choice than be close

Great story! I am very excited to get the book!

Thanks guys. Loved the comments. Our Mick is really a big softie unless you piss him off. He used to tell me about all the training they did just to be able to hurt people without expending too much energy. He used to joke about he he could kill a man with one hand.......... he said he would stuff his hand up their arse and squeeze their hearts until they died Well I think it was a joke

Seriously though he is just a big bear. Works out, lifts weights and spent most of his life walking round with flak jackets and kevlar body armour on. I have a couple of cracking pictures of him from the newspaper and UK Police magazine. One shows him lying in a ditch trying to get some sleep with all his body armour on. He just looks like Robocop. The other is a photo of him standing in a hail of fire as petrol bombs are thrown at him and his squad. Pretty scarey stuff.

The photo also shows his old Seiko H601 or H558 (can't remember which) reasonably clearly. It was the Arnie which is kinda fitting as our dad called him Big Arnie. I was going to write an article about the watch and how it had probably seen more riots and action than any watch. He wore it for years and years. It still actually looks in good nick. I must dig the pics out.

Pete

Thread Information