My Doxa.

Thread: My Doxa.

My Doxa.

Hello. I have been a lurker for several years now. I have been a die hard Dirk Pitt fan so inherently I have wanted a Doxa sub for a while. For my wife and I 's 12 year anniversary she bought me a 1200 T. What wife!! My question is I have never had an automatic watch until this one. I have to adjust the time by two minutes a week it seems. Is this usual. I know it's not a quarts. I was thinking once a month but once a week.

Re: My Doxa.

Wow, what a great gift! Congratulations on your first Doxa!

A minute or more a week definitely seems like a lot, but give your watch a little more time to "settle in." Usually the first few weeks of wrist time can yield some slightly inaccurate timing, but most automatic watches tend to be their most accurate after a solid chunk of run time.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

That's about a 15 second loss or gain, each day. That's a little excessive as these movements are easily regulated to a couple of seconds each day. Depending on when you bought it, it might still be in warranty.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I contacted them and they said to deplete its power and wind it. Sync it with clock on line and let it run and check it with it off your wrist.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texas taco View Post
    Thanks. I contacted them and they said to deplete its power and wind it. Sync it with clock on line and let it run and check it with it off your wrist.
    That's good... DOXA will take care of you.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Did it work? I only have vintage stuff but mine need a little wrist time before they "Warm Up".

Thread Information