My Doxa sighted

Thread: My Doxa sighted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Doxa sighted

Hello my Doxa family!

I went away with my real family to my parents house over Thanksgiving. They live in the Orlando area so we always visit Disney while at my parents.

While at the Animal Kingdom me and my son were waiting in line to go on Expedition Everest (which is a great ride I might add.) I had someone come up to me and he noticed my Doxa T-Graph. This was the first time this happened. This truly was a pleasant surprise. My son thinks I am a total geek, and he could not believe it. We met up with my wife and daughter and my son said someone noticed dads watch. Her exact words were I bet you can't wait to post this. So here it is.

The person did give me his forum name which I forgot and said he doesn't post that often but does frequent the forum. He also stated he ordered the Seaconquerer.

So if you are here here please say HI.

Take Care
    Thanks Nick

My Doxa sighted

Well, it wasn't me .... but for the lack of a PM, it could've been. I live in the Orlando area .... we might've met for coffee or something, and really thrown your son for a loop ........

Same goes for all of you other folks .... coming to my neck of the woods? PM me, and we'll do coffee and piccies!

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: My Doxa sighted

Bill, We usually bring the kids to Disney once per year. I will have to look you up the next time down...........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by twostirish222 View Post
    Hello my Doxa family!

I went away with my real family to my parents house over Thanksgiving. They live in the Orlando area so we always visit Disney while at my parents.

While at the Animal Kingdom me and my son were waiting in line to go on Expedition Everest (which is a great ride I might add.) I had someone come up to me and he noticed my Doxa T-Graph. This was the first time this happened. This truly was a pleasant surprise. My son thinks I am a total geek, and he could not believe it. We met up with my wife and daughter and my son said someone noticed dads watch. Her exact words were I bet you can't wait to post this. So here it is.

The person did give me his forum name which I forgot and said he doesn't post that often but does frequent the forum. He also stated he ordered the Seaconquerer.

So if you are here here please say HI.

Take Care
    It wasn't me although I too took my family to Disney last week. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Universal / Islands of Adventure, and my personal favorite Kennedy Sapce Center on Saturday. I live in York county but flew out of Reagan to be able to take a direct flight on Us Air -- gotta use those miles. 95 was murder between DC and Baltimore yesterday.

Left the Shark and Caribean home and wore my Suunto Vector.

My Doxa sighted

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Bill, We usually bring the kids to Disney once per year. I will have to look you up the next time down...........
    Kewl! I'm serious too ... I enjoy meeting like-minded folks; watches, motorcycles, Land Rovers .... it's all good!

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

I was leaving the Everest ride after picking up a Fastpass and in the corner of my eye, there among the throngs of people, I had a T-graph sighting. You could not miss the bright orange face with 3 sub-dials, so I ran over and introduced myself to Nick. I had only previously seen Pete's pictures. The watch is even more impressive "in person". I told my wife and kids about the encounter and they called me a geek too. I have the Seaconqueror Pro on order, and also have my eye on the Carib T-Graph.

It is amazing how you do see people on a RARE occasion with a Doxa on. On my recent flight back from San Diego I spotted a 750T Caribbean in the terminal in Salt Lake City. First Doxa I have ever seen while out and about. (Other than the CC Convention).
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Bill, like Jason we visit my parents once a year. I will definitely look you up next time down.

My parents live in Winter Garden in a community called Vista del Lago.

Rastah, hang out and post some more. It truly was a treat to see someone that likes Doxa's.

Take care
    Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Rastah01 View Post
    they called me a geek too
    Which is worse, being called a geek or a watch nerd? That's what my kids call me when I chat with someone about watches :)
    DW

Thumbs Up Re: My Doxa sighted

Guys that is a really neat story, especially with the reply from Rastah01. BTW I'm affectionately know as the watch psycho....Well the affectionately part my be a bit of a stretch .

Billy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information