My Doxa Story
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: My Doxa Story

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Doxa Story

Well I'm finally getting a Doxa, and it's a special Doxa 750T. In 2007 my dad purchased a Doxa 750T brand new and he sold it in 2009. Well he unfortunately passed away very unexpectedly 2 weeks ago. He has collected many watches over the years and his current collection there are about 40 watches. He said he always regretted selling this Doxa 750t though. I was able to log into his "watch u seek account" and fortunately he still had the pm's with the guy he sold the watch to and to my relief they exchanged email and phone numbers! I was able to reach the buyer and he still had the watch! He said he bought it to give to his grandson but would be willing to part with it due to my attachment to it. I just sent the money and I'm totally pumped during this period of mourning to get this watch back. I have always wanted a Doxa watch and to have this one is bitter sweet. The buyer and now seller said there is one ding in the case and he sent pics highlighting it. While it stings a little I'm still pleased to have the watch back. Can't wait to get it and wear it in his honor, this one will definitely go diving with me.

I want to say thank you again to the seller, he had no reason to sell it to me and I will be forever great full to him.
    Last edited by rushca01; February 22nd, 2016 at 21:32.

Re: My Doxa Story

Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Well I'm finally getting a Doxa, and it's a special Doxa 750T. In 2007 my dad purchased a Doxa 750T brand new and he sold it in 2009. Well he unfortunately passed away very unexpectedly 2 weeks ago. He has collected many watches over the years and his current collection there are about 40 watches. He said he always regretted selling this Doxa 750t though. I was able to log into his "watch u seek account" and fortunately he still had the pm's with the guy he sold the watch to and to my relief they exchanged email and phone numbers! I was able to reach the buyer and he still had the watch! He said he bought it to give to his grandson but would be willing to part with it due to my attachment to it. I just sent the money and I'm totally pumped during this period of mourning to get this watch back. I have always wanted a Doxa watch and to have this one is bitter sweet. The buyer and now seller said there is one ding in the case and he sent pics highlighting it. While it stings a little and still pleased to have the watch back. Can't wait to get it and wear it in his honor, this one will definitely go diving with me.
    Firstly very sorry for your loss sir.

But what lovely story rush, very kind and gratiuos act from the purchaser.

That ding in the case is somewhat annoying but just think about it as part of the watches 'journey'.

You and it will be the richer for it sir.
    ShaggyDog and ecc-3-time like this.
    Hamilton LE Pan Europ Chrono Blue.
    Steinhart Le Mans Heritage Chrono.
    Seiko Sumo SPB029J.
    Seiko Sumo SBDC017.
    Doxa 750T LE.
    Doxa 300T.
    Seiko 6139.

Also sorry for your loss. Sad times. It's wonderful that you shared some of the same interests as your dad and can cherish his memory every time you look at the time. I wouldnt even give a second thought to the ding in the watch - the watch now has deeper meaning than just a timepiece.
    Last edited by AngryScientist; February 22nd, 2016 at 19:25.
    ecc-3-time, Eleuthera and Doug507 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My accept my sympathies for the recent passing of your father. Skies dim when the guiding star fades.

And what a great opportunity that you've been able to repurchase his SUB 750T! Kudos to the seller to part with it. How fortunate for you to be able to track it down. There's something about a timepiece connected to a father that makes it more than simply a "special" watch. The connection, the concept the passage of time…well, waxing on…

When my father past some time ago, I decided to find a watch that would be a special representation to me of both him and my mother. While it really wasn't within my reasonable budget at the time, I purchased a new Rolex Sub. It was, to me, classic and timeless, as my parents are to me, and the Rolex would function for me at every level, from business to diving. It will not leave the collection.

Last year, my wife's mother passed. Over the summer while on vacation we came across a Rolex that she loved, and it became hers, as her reminder of her mother.

Watches within our collections can come and go, but sometimes a watch is more than just that. Clearly, that's the case for your Doxa SUB 750T. Congratulations!

Photos, dings and all, are always of interest. Standing by…
    Michael
    Doxa SUB 750T Searambler #110/5000 · Doxa SUB 1200T Caribbean #23/1200 · Aqua Lung for U.S. Divers Quartz by Doxa: 1 ea Orange and Silver/Gold
    Rolex GMT Master II M Series/Stick/3186/16710BLRO Pepsi
    Rolex S/S Submariner 1 ea U-series "Swiss Only" Date + No Date
    Seiko Black Dial Pepsi Diver
    + various others buried in the depths of the watch box

RECENTLY SOLD:
    Doxa SUB 300T Pro, Searamber & Sharkhunter · 50th Anniversary Doxa SUB 300 Sharkhunter #53/300
    Doxa SUB 600T Sharkhunter #55/3000v· Doxa SUB 1000T Professional #551/5000
    Doxa SUB 1200T NUMA Turquoise #37/50

Thanks for the kind words.

My my father was recently interviewed a for a local business magazine. Here is one of the questions he was asked along with his response:

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, with whom would you trade places?
    Dirk Pitt

Photos the gentleman selling the watch back to me provided, the ding is a non issue to me.

Last edited by rushca01; February 22nd, 2016 at 23:11.
    Eleuthera, Dragonutity and gaopa like this.

It's beyond hard,when you lose your father, his comment re Dirk Pitt is fantastic to imagine and escape ..now every time you wear that Doxa think of all the good times,the hard times and the laughs.....I'm glad to hear that there are still real people out there who do care..so kudos to the reseller of your fathers time piece,to allow those memories...
    All the best mate...Dave

Watch is with FedEx and should be in my possession tomorrow. The seller is watching this thread, I just want to publicly say thank you again!

If any of you know of a Doxa 750T for sale let me know so I can pass it onto the seller as potential replacement watch for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Watch is with FedEx and should be in my possession tomorrow. The seller is watching this thread, I just want to publicly say thank you again!

If any of you know of a Doxa 750T for sale let me know so I can pass it onto the seller as potential replacement watch for this one.

Watch Recon is your friend!

doxa 750 - WatchRecon
    Michael
    Doxa SUB 750T Searambler #110/5000 · Doxa SUB 1200T Caribbean #23/1200 · Aqua Lung for U.S. Divers Quartz by Doxa: 1 ea Orange and Silver/Gold
    Rolex GMT Master II M Series/Stick/3186/16710BLRO Pepsi
    Rolex S/S Submariner 1 ea U-series "Swiss Only" Date + No Date
    Seiko Black Dial Pepsi Diver
    + various others buried in the depths of the watch box

RECENTLY SOLD:
    Doxa SUB 300T Pro, Searamber & Sharkhunter · 50th Anniversary Doxa SUB 300 Sharkhunter #53/300
    Doxa SUB 600T Sharkhunter #55/3000v· Doxa SUB 1000T Professional #551/5000
    Doxa SUB 1200T NUMA Turquoise #37/50

It arrived! Here's a quick wrist shot.

Good stuff...glad you got it back and stimulated a few good thoughts of past best mates...all the best Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information