My first (but probably not last) Doxa
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My first (but probably not last) Doxa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first (but probably not last) Doxa

I wanted to introduce my new Doxa!

I had been aware of Doxa’s history for a long time but had never been able to see one in person until wandering innocently into Island Time in Grand Cayman last month while on vacation. I came upon the Doxa case where all of the watches were priced at 50% off on clearance. The girl who helped me explained that they were on clearance because Doxa was going to online sales only.

I went back to my room and got online that evening to get on WUS and learn all I could about Doxa. Thanks to all the great posts here I was able to get an instant education and go back to the store the next day with some pretty good Doxa knowledge under my belt.

To make a very long story short, I couldn’t resist and I came home with this beauty. All of the watches they had in the case were COSCs, either 5000Ts or 1000Ts, so they were all tempting. But in the end, this one 5000T Caribbean COSC they had in the case is what spoke to me. The change of color of the blue in different light is just amazing. So here it is. Say hello to 28/5000! I’m pretty sure it’s not my last…
    Name:  Doxa 5000T COSC Caribbean-12-Edit.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  84.0 KBName:  Doxa 5000T COSC Caribbean-16-Edit.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  69.4 KBName:  Doxa 5000T COSC Caribbean-2-Edit.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  80.8 KBName:  Doxa 5oooT Car wrist-1-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  79.5 KB
    gaopa and Vincent Kolakowski like this.

Banned

Re: My first (but probably not last) Doxa

Very wise decision to get this one and being a COSC enhances it.

Lookin good Wayne! Glad to see you posted that beauty. You did exactly what I would have done with that blue Isofrane. That's sharp and ya just know it's 10x better in person.

(I haven't forgot about ya... DOXA book coming soon. -B)
    Last edited by skin diver; June 5th, 2013 at 05:11.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, Brad,
    I wasn't sure about the Isofrane...it's my first. but I knew I had to do something when I immediately got a desk diving mark on my bracelet, despite being careful. I had a jeweler change it out because I wasn't sure about the screw pins. Glad I did because I guess the Loc-tite was pretty strong!

I didn't like the Isofrane at first, seemed overly thick to wear. But I knew there had to be something to it, as many fans as there are. After a couple of days, it became very comfortable, and now I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by skin diver View Post
    Lookin good Wayne! Glad to see you posted that beauty. You did exactly what I would have done with that blue Isofrane. That's sharp and ya just know it's 10x better in person.

(I haven't forgot about ya... DOXA book coming soon. -B)

Great looking watch & love the Blue Color on this 5000!. Wish I could go to Cayman and pick one up at that price discount.

I see that you are relatively new to the forum, Welcome!

Your blue Doxa is a beauty. You did well with that purchase. Enjoy! Cheers, Bill P.

Great looking DOXA. Congrats

I had your very watch in my hand in January when I was there. I was on the fence because I already have a 750T Caribbean. Of course it wasnt half off then! Nice pick up. Did they still have the Sharkhunter? I am probably getting back down there in December, but I cant imagine any will be left if they are half off.
    Current rotation include:

DOXA SUB600T Dirk Pitt #1021/3000
    DOXA SUB750T Caribbean #226/250
    DOXA SUB 1000T Divingstar COSC #3002/5000
    DOXA Aquaman
    Tag Heuer Formula One
    Citizen Hyper-Aqualand
    Seiko SKXA61 "Orange Knight"

John, I'm glad you passed on it! They had at least 2-3 Sharkhunters so who knows? Maybe they'll still have one when you go...

Quote Originally Posted by John Abel View Post
    I had your very watch in my hand in January when I was there. I was on the fence because I already have a 750T Caribbean. Of course it wasnt half off then! Nice pick up. Did they still have the Sharkhunter? I am probably getting back down there in December, but I cant imagine any will be left if they are half off.

Very nice, so the watch did not come with a metal bracelet when you purchased it or did you remove it and put the rubber one on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information