My first Doxa!

Thread: My first Doxa!

My first Doxa!

I'm mostly on the MKII part of the forum, but I managed to obtain a watch that I've been looking for quite some time now: A Doxa Spirotechnique. Bought from a friendly guy on the ATG forum (UK based). This watch will go nicely with my other French divers (e.g. Auricoste MN).

Menno

Here's a pic (from the seller)

Re: My first Doxa!

Nice pickup. Has a little of the Mk II look. Enjoy!

Very nice pick-up, Menno! What condition is the beads-of-rice bracelet in?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SMSgt Bo View Post
    What condition is the beads-of-rice bracelet in?

looks like an enterprising previous owner rigged up some straight end pieces, cool.
    DW

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    looks like an enterprising previous owner rigged up some straight end pieces, cool.
    DW
    David those Endpieces are correct for the AUBRY SUB 600T models and are 20mm, the AUBRY 600lm models used the same Style endpieces but in 18mm width.

Regards Bernie

Very nice !

Hoi Menno,

Superklok man!

Groeten,

Ron (zeno)

Very nice...congrats!

Thanks all for your positive comments! The watch is on my wrist as we speak (well, 'as I write' is better used here).

The watch looks great: about 40mms across and fairly thick. Due to the oversized bezel, the crystal looks relatively small.
    The greatest surprise however, is the bracelet. It's the most sophisticated bracelet I've ever seen! I have Seiko BellMatic with a more or less similar system of sliding links, but the Doxa bracelet is far superior. In fact, I dare to say that all bracelets constructed after the Doxa bracelet are wrong! They all took the wrong turn somewhere. Including brands like Omega and Rolex.

Let me explain: the bead of rise bracelet is in great shape. All links are interlocking perfectly despite the age of the bracelet. Second, there are two sliding links on both ends of the clasp. So, there's an automatic adjustment system that moves with the size of your wrist. (As we all know, wristst are getting thicker through the day). On top of the sliding links is the 'piece the resistance': inside the clasp sits an other sliding piece: when you put the watch on or off your wrist, this part slides open, thus making the bracelet a little longer, so that you hand passes through the bracelet more easily.

It's a complicated system and I'm afraid that spare parts can not be found. My wife (yes, she's into watches also!) suggested that it would be better to take the bracelet off the watch and store it in it's box, replacing the bracelet for a more common tropic style Modena strap or a zulu strap. Perhaps she's right!

Some pics later today!

Menno

Thread Information