My First Doxa, the Ultraspeed

Thread: My First Doxa, the Ultraspeed

Banned

My First Doxa, the Ultraspeed

So I couldn't resist the Ultraspeed when I saw the price had dropped. The 7750 variant is tried and tested and the power-reserve bolt on was really nice. I really the weight and my first impression of a Doxa is that the quality was very good for this price point. The one thing I would point out about this brand is that the Customer Service is top notch. All of my queries were answered near instantly through email and chat. It was actually a huge selling point in my decision. Here's what I would say for those who are considering picking up the last remaining...

The Good:
    + The overall quality of the case and dial is excellent - love the red and black
    + Movement looks great through the display back
    + Buttons and crown have a smooth operation
    + Date wheel clicks definitively
    + Comfortable size - feels smaller than it's true dimensions
    + The box presentation is good quality
    + Still a cool company :)

The Misses:</strong><br>
    - The band and clasp don't match the same "weight" and material as the rest of the watch<br>
    - The crown doesn't seem to push or screw down into a "lock" position<br>
    - No watch strap changing tool (minor issue)
    - Wish it had COSC certification
    - Wish they had more decoration on the rotor

Intersting thing about this watch is that while there are 150 pieces, apprently the final 30 are different than the other 120. The final pieces commemerate the Ice Trophy race in Austria and are marked in the caseback as such. I didn't know this until I got the watch and noticed some things. The watch actually has subtle differences to the rest of the run. One big difference is that the tach seconds hand is red and not silver (this looks great). The date wheel is black with white lettering versus the opposite. The lume on the hour and minute hands are 2-dashes per hand, not one long one. And lastly, the subdial and tach hands themselves do not have a circular tip (this was an issue for me b/c I think it takes away from the overall design).

Overall, this is a beautiful watch and a really good introduction to Doxa for me. I am not a diver, but I will consider another watch from them in the future. The Ultraspeed will get noticed as it has a great combination of sport and luxury in one time piece. I think if Doxa would offer a different band, perhaps with racing (colored?) stitching, it would be more consistent with a "race feel". What I can say is that you couldn't ask for better service

I'll post some pictures later on. thanks for reading!

Thanks,
    Erik

Re: My First Doxa, the Ultraspeed

Can't wait to see the pics......I have always been a fan of the ultraspeed.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: My First Doxa, the Ultraspeed

I also lust after the Ultraspeed. Congrats and looking forward to some photos!

Thread Information