My new SUB 1000T Sharkhunter on its way

Thread: My new SUB 1000T Sharkhunter on its way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused My new SUB 1000T Sharkhunter on its way, and its here

Well, after a couple of years looking at the same picture of a 600T Sharkhunter in an old magazine, I took the plunge and ordered a SUB 1000T Sharkhunter, ive eagerly looked on the Fedex website, every half an hour and watched it go through France, and its in the UK, but then it stayed there, and stayed there, so I rang, and paid the import duty (oops, forgot to tell my wife about that part), and hey presto, its moving again, 'in transit', and then it stops again, I ring again, somehow the delivery address was slightly wrong, so I eagerly gave the right one, and plead with them to deliver the same day, but no luck, they can only deliver next week now, agghh, I thought I would be sat at home tonight finally after years of dreaming, looking at my new SUB 1000T, but I have to wait, the suspense is unreal, I may have to take a day off work ill if it doesnt arrive soon, although everyone in the office asked the same question this morning, 'well, lets see it then', I think they were more disappointed than me, but im confident it will be worth the wait, but I may have lost the plot by then, maybe they are open on Saturdays, I could go and pick it up..........hmmmm.......
    Last edited by doxamark; July 16th, 2007 at 18:14. Reason: Watch is now here

Re: My new SUB 1000T Sharkhunter on its way

my local fedex hub is open until 8pm and items not delivered that day are usually available for pickup after 6pm. Definitely worth a shot to get it before next week.

Might try and do that on Monday, if I make it through the weekend....ive brought out my SEIKO orange monster to try and fill the gap between now and then, but its not the same, I just have to keep looking at the photos on the web site, although the lettering on the D, O, X and A buttons on the lap top is starting to get feint, and my wife is getting concerned
    The longer it takes, the more I start looking at the 750T Sharkie, do I need that one in my life too, and the 750T Military is really cool, it took me ages to decide on the orange or black choice, orange is DOXA I guess, but I just like black dials. I have a friend who dives, but as she has only been to about 100 feet, she cant believe the DOXA can go to 1000 metres, is there any information on how deep people have taken their DOXA's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Doxamark
    I have a friend who dives, but as she has only been to about 100 feet, she cant believe the DOXA can go to 1000 metres, is there any information on how deep people have taken their DOXA's.
    Simple answer, some watches can go that deep..... no people can!

Not sure the record for humans on mixed gas diving, I think is somewhere in the 400 foot range? Help me out guys...... Scuba with standard air is not normally done much beyond 200 feet, and is considered dicey at that depth (I seem to remember Cousteau's team hitting the high 200's). Sport diving limits are generally considered around 130 feet I think.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Hi Doxamark, are you anywhere near London? i really want to take a look at the 1000T to compare to my 600T - https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=73586

Cheers, Ric
    Last edited by casioric; July 13th, 2007 at 23:46.

Hi Ric, unfortunately im further North, used to be in Oxford, I am in Milton Keynes on Tuesday, but I dont think I will see it myself until Tuesday night, will try and post pictures when it arrives, keep in touch, maybe somehow we can meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Simple answer, some watches can go that deep..... no people can!

Not sure the record for humans on mixed gas diving, I think is somewhere in the 400 foot range? Help me out guys...... Scuba with standard air is not normally done much beyond 200 feet, and is considered dicey at that depth (I seem to remember Cousteau's team hitting the high 200's). Sport diving limits are generally considered around 130 feet I think.
    1,026.9 ft. Not sure if the record still stands, but I know the world record is this or close to it......

Not exactly sport or recreational diving, but check this out.........

Click HERE
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by doxamark View Post
    Well, after a couple of years looking at the same picture of a 600T Sharkhunter in an old magazine, I took the plunge and ordered a SUB 1000T Sharkhunter, ive eagerly looked on the Fedex website, every half an hour and watched it go through France, and its in the UK, but then it stayed there, and stayed there, so I rang, and paid the import duty (oops, forgot to tell my wife about that part), and hey presto, its moving again, 'in transit', and then it stops again, I ring again, somehow the delivery address was slightly wrong, so I eagerly gave the right one, and plead with them to deliver the same day, but no luck, they can only deliver next week now, agghh, I thought I would be sat at home tonight finally after years of dreaming, looking at my new SUB 1000T, but I have to wait, the suspense is unreal, I may have to take a day off work ill if it doesnt arrive soon, although everyone in the office asked the same question this morning, 'well, lets see it then', I think they were more disappointed than me, but im confident it will be worth the wait, but I may have lost the plot by then, maybe they are open on Saturdays, I could go and pick it up..........hmmmm.......

doxamark,

LOL. I feel your pain. The best way to make it through the weekend is commiserating with fellow DOXAHOLICS and sharing war stories. That's what helped me anyway. My GMT Caribbean got held in customs for 4 agonizing days. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, but that's not what you need to hear right now, I know. You made a great choice and the watch will be everything you expect, more than likely! Welcome!
    Darin

Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

Here, Here!!! But if you do not like it PM me immediately - my commission check hits Monday and I can and want to buy something!!
    DHD
    DAVID
    DOXA SUB 750T PROFESSIONAL #3509
    DOXA SUB 750T SHARKHUNTER #610
    DOXA SUB 750T SEARAMBLER #165

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    1,026.9 ft. Not sure if the record still stands, but I know the world record is this or close to it......

Not exactly sport or recreational diving, but check this out.........

Click HERE

WOW. I thought I was a hotshot when I went to 200 ft. and came right back up.

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information