My quick take on the 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel after diving with it
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My quick take on the 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel after diving with it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My quick take on the 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel after diving with it

Bought the watch at the end of December 2012. It came dead on arrival, so it got sent back to Doxa for repair. It was sent back to me early February 2013 and I've been wearing it continuously since. Took it out for four dive outings with a total of 15-dives including 2-night dives.

While I like my other Doxas with the funky dive table dial, my eyes simply can't focus on the tiny markings. Yes, I do have bifocal lenses for my dive masks. No, it doesn't help. So with the sapphire bezel, it was a blessing. Highly visible in and out of the water. The glowing bezel at night is also a very nice touch!!! Though I would have preferred the bezel to glow a bit more, but it's visible enough, I suppose.

What I like the most is that the tough sapphire doesn't get a beating like the aluminum bezel. Four outings and not even a scratch on the 4000T, while the other Doxas got all dinged up. Not that I mind the watches getting scratches, I just want to comment on the durability of the sapphire bezel.

I do have a few minor complaints:

1. I wish that the cardinal markers (12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock markers) to be more distinctive. Yes, they are slightly bigger, but not at first glance, and especially not in the dark. Doesn't affect function any, but it's definitely a preference of mine.

2. The bezel wiggles a bit when compared to my 5000Ts.

3. The sliding bracelet buckle (or whatever the correct terminology is) doesn't click in and out, especially out, as smoothly and positively as the 5000Ts either.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with this watch. Doxa, please, please, please, consider making one in blue or yellow. Better yet, turquoise!!!

Last edited by fnfalman; March 24th, 2013 at 05:59.
    The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Banned

Re: My quick take on the 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel after diving with it

I have the same bezel, case and bracelet on my 300T T-Graph and thank you for your posting as it will give me some idea how mine will perform in the summer when I go diving in Maui.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
    The glowing bezel at night is also a very nice touch!!! Though I would have preferred the bezel to glow a bit more, but it's visible enough, I suppose.

The 4000T looks good with the Trans Pac. You mentioned the lumed bezel, does it glow brightly right after you charge it with your dive light, then fade quickly, or it doesn't glow brightly at all?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Re: My quick take on the 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel after diving with it - T Graph with that bezel

The same bezel on a 300 T-Graph gives the watch a touch of class and detracts from the standard Doxa NoDeSc one. As it so happens Doxa did make a non-sapphire similar version on some of the original Subs - not many though.

Attachment 1022744

Re: My quick take on the 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel after diving with it - T Graph with that bezel

My watch says "Hello" and I love the size of the 4000T Pro! Sold my 1500T Pro to get this Size watch. Great fit on the wrist & Easy to read dial make this one of my favorite Doxa's next to my Sea Rambler. would love to see this in a Turquoise Project Aware color!!! Lume on bezel is good but for only a short time will it glow bright. Also best feature is to see how much "Power" or Energy I have left in my watch.

Attachment 1023003

Last edited by WatchDialOrange; March 26th, 2013 at 05:15.

Quote Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post

2. The bezel wiggles a bit when compared to my 5000Ts.
    That's a bit concerning... DOXA bezels are usually pretty tight. You might think about having it checked out. DOXA has a service center in Los Angeles now (you need a special bezel tool for removal) so you won't have to send it back overseas again.
    Last edited by subkrawler; March 27th, 2013 at 16:01. Reason: Repaired quote

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    The 4000T looks good with the Trans Pac. You mentioned the lumed bezel, does it glow brightly right after you charge it with your dive light, then fade quickly, or it doesn't glow brightly at all?
    The bezel's lume doesn't glow brightly at all. That's something that would be a nice touch if Doxa were to do a product improvement. However, it's legible under total darkness.
    The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Quote Originally Posted by skin diver View Post
    That's a bit concerning... DOXA bezels are usually pretty tight. You might think about having it checked out. DOXA has a service center in Los Angeles now (you need a special bezel tool for removal) so you won't have to send it back overseas again.
    I need to find the contact for the LA service center and see if they can do something about the wiggle in the bezel. It doesn't seem to get worse though. More than likely was poorly fitted.
    The silent world awaits.

Banned

That is not exactly true - on my Sapphire Bezel on the 300 T-Graph which is the same, after exposing the watch in daylight and then go into total darkness the 1st quarter 0 to 15 mins illuminates
    Last edited by mondrayuk; March 30th, 2013 at 02:57.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mondrayuk View Post
    That is not exact true - on my Sapphire Bezel on the 300 T-Graph which is the same, after exposing the watch in daylight and then go into total darkness the 1st quarter 0 to 15 mins illuminates
    He's not saying it doesn't glow at all, he's saying that it doesn't glow as brightly as he would like, or as brightly as he expected.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information