My SUB 1000 T in action

Thread: My SUB 1000 T in action

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My SUB 1000 T in action

While testing a prototype navigation instrument with Jean-Michel last saturday in a lake near Lyon, France (thanks Jean-Michel for the pictures!)

After a hundred of dives (mostly during my divemaster training) that incredible dive watch remains as the first day. Extremely resistant and reliable. I just inspected yesterday the spring bars (exchanged for new ones by safety) and refinished the bracelet deployant a bit scratched.

I really love that watch

Cheers.

Jean-Marc - From what we get we make a living. From what we give we make a life.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: My SUB 1000 T in action

Outstanding pics! (No surprise, since Jean Michel shot at least those of you underwater). Did you take the pics of the watch yourself? Either way, great shots, thanks for sharing. And I presume congratulations on making Dive Master are in order too!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Excellent ... I really like the photos ... almost looks like diving off the west coast here in California .... So tell us about the nav instrument???? BTW Doxa does make some great watches!!!
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh, the home picture were done by my own. The top one with Jean-Michel in the back was taken by Marie, his wife and he shot the second and the third one.

The navigation prototype is inspired from military navigation plates including a big compas, a watch and a depth gauge.

Jean-Marc - From what we get we make a living. From what we give we make a life.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Super shots Marc!

I recently bought the TUSA 1000T and I have to admit, it's a great little watch. I should have been listening to you 1000T guys all along.

The size is ideal for my 7" wrist and the domed crystal is a nice departure from the flat crystal of the 750T, of which I'm so accustomed. I also like the matte dials, which are also a nice change.

Looks like you guys are having fun, even if it may be "work" related and congrats on making dive-master.

Oh, and my 1000T says hello after getting a bit of a workout in Cayman last week.

"The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Smile Re: My SUB 1000 T in action

You know, I just got home and looked at my 1000 Mil-Shark, which I had pretty much decided I wasn't keeping.

One has to realize how difficult it is to capture the blue undertone of the 1000 but this is what my little canon and I came up with tonight:

After realizing just how meager my SUB collection was, when measured against certain other enthusiasts... I may have to keep it, doesn't it look happier with its friends?

Now I wish I'd taken it diving last week, thanks for helping me make up my mind Marc. If it just wasn't for those gol-darn microticks...
    Last edited by THOR; November 13th, 2008 at 00:00. Reason: edited for content, and to fit your screen
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford

Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Gavin, I absolutely love this picture. It really catches the essence of the dial/crystal and what can happen under certain lights and angles. I actually saw Ty's Tusa Sub turn purple at one angle as we were headed towards town last week in GC.

Great shot!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

That is awesome. I've been drooling seeing this as well at the Searaider photos.

I'm looking forward to diving the 800Ti in San Diego in December.

-luke

After realizing just how meager my SUB collection was, when measured against certain other enthusiasts... I may have to keep it, doesn't it look happier with its friends?

Now I wish I'd taken it diving last week, thanks for helping me make up my mind Marc. If it just wasn't for those gol-darn microticks...
    Gavin ... "meager my SUB collection" ... not, very nice collection you have. It would have been nice to take your 1000T MilShark for a swim, sounds like it will be going to searaiders 2009 to me!!!

John

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

<snip>........

Great looking team there THOR. You definitely need to bring the 1KT Milshark to Cayman next year.

Now about those micro-ticks. I still don't like them really, but they aren't a deal killer like they used to be. I wish DOXA would have reserved them for the COSC models only, so we could at least have a choice.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information