My SUB 750T is now a PADI diver

Thread: My SUB 750T is now a PADI diver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up My SUB 750T is now a PADI diver

Completed my PADI open water today. I already have a NAUI cert from 4 years ago and was going to do a refresher before the Searaider 2008 gig, but thought I'd do the PADI cert to see what the difference was. Did my 4 dives yesterday and today in probably the worst rain I have seen in Chicago. Dives went great, even my nagging right ear, barsteward to equalize, problem wasn't so bad and I also got to try out my new mask. Got one with a purge valve and corrective lenses instead of having to wear contacts. Worked great but more difficult to pinch the nose to equalize.

Wore the 750 for all the dives. Man it is a great watch. Looks like a big orange bright thing underwater

Trying to get a few more dives in before November and may go for the advanced course as I fancy a night dive.

Looks like I may have to go on a job to Boston the week before flying out so I may not be able to get to the Caymans until Sunday.... Bollox....... but really looking forward to this gig

Pete

Re: My SUB 750T is now a PADI diver

Congrats on completing the Open Water...again
    Did you notice any vast differences between the two agencies?
    The orange dial is completely at home in the depths..
    And remember Doc, there is some great diving North of Boston, specifically Cape Ann.
    Give a shout if you are ever in the area and have an afternoon to dive. I would be happy to take you out.

Hi, Doc

I'm in NH and I'll be a dive buddy for you in Gloucester MA if you want to come to the "land of the Perfect Storm."

Visibility is crappy, but the ocean's wet and the food is good.

Rich
    Doxa Sub 750T MilShark * Glycine Airman 18 * Sinn U2S EZM5
    Omega Speedmaster Professional * Omega X-33 Gen II * Omega Flightmaster cal. 910 Tropical
    Fortis Cosmonaut Chronograph 602.22.142 * Fortis B-42 Ti Cosmonaut Chronograph 659.27.141

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

guys thanks for the kind offers but the job is long days and client dinners in the evening. No time to scratch nevermind diving

Maybe next time

Pete

Congrats Doc on your Padi OW!! And hope you'll get your AOW soon. You don't really have to get the Night Dive done. The're few different specialties thet you can take instead. Piece of cake for a seasoned diver like you.
    I started using a purge mask at the begining of this summer and it is great. Indeed it is a bit hard to squeeze you nose but is so easy to clear your water out of your mask. Great invention!!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Welcome to the PADI fold Pete!!! hahahahaha If you get a chance the AOW is a peice of cake ... go for it.
    John M.

Quote Originally Posted by diverj007 View Post
    Congrats on completing the Open Water...again
    Did you notice any vast differences between the two agencies?
    +1

I assume you could have completed the AOW since you already have your OW cert, albeit from a different agency.

Congrats again.

-luke

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Pete, congrats on the PADI Open Water. It's so cool to get back into diving, I can't wait for November now!

I started thinking I might not get there until Sunday too, when I went to buy my ticket. But I kept advancing page after page, and they finally started getting to my specified arrival date (as the prices kept going higher ).

Sorry to hear business might cost you a day with us (our loss for certain!) but the rest of the week will still be jam packed with fun, friendship and adventure. Can't wait for November! (I already said that, didn't I ).
    Last edited by T Bone; September 16th, 2008 at 03:40.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Pete, congrats on the PADI Open Water. It's so cool to get back into diving, I can't wait for November now!

I started thinking I might not get there until Sunday too, when I went to buy my ticket. But I kept advancing page after page, and they finally started getting to my specified arrival date (as the prices kept going higher ).

Sorry to hear business might cost you a day with us (our loss for certain!) but the rest of the week will still be jam packed with fun, friendship and adventure. Can't wait for November! (I already said that, didn't I ).
    I second everything you said T Bone ... Come on Pete kick it in gear ... you can do it!!!
    John M.

Congratulations on your Padi OW certificate. I'm looking forward to meeting you in GC. Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information