Nato Strap Options?

Thread: Nato Strap Options?

Nato Strap Options?

I am in the market for my first Doxa. I have been researching for sometime now and still can't decide. One thing that might help in my decision is strap options. I have read that the 800Ti has an odd lug width that make it difficult to accommodate standard strap sizes. Is this true? Does the 5000, 1000 & 750 have the same problems? Thanks for your help and any advice on which model might be best would be appreciated.

Re: Nato Strap Options?

Can't believe nobody helped on this. This Forum should be called Sub750T if you know what I mean.

I have no experience with other subs besides the 1200t so, I'm gonna tell you what I have heard around the forums.
    The sub 1000t/1200t I think are the ones who accept different kind of straps more easily. You wont have no problems fitting a nato or the thicker zulu straps (in my opinion goes better with dive watches)
    Here's mine with a zulu strap.

The sub 750t accepts more easily a nato strap than a zulu but there's quite a few users wearing it with a zulu. Lug width is 21mmm but a 20mm looks just fine.
    The 5000t I think has trouble accepting even the nato strap in it because of the little clearance that has between the springbar and the edge of the case. Same goes with the 750t but not as bad.
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 750 has 21mm lug width, and straps come in 20mm or 22mm, but it is not a problem. I wear my 750 Sharkhunter on a 22mm NATO from time to time and it looks just fine.

As much as I love NATOs and ZULUs, it is hard for me to take the Doxa bracelet off - it is soooo comfortable and awesome looking. I really only take it off when I need a long strap to accommodate a thick wetsuit and gloves.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

I have a 5000T and I occasionally wear a 22mm nato with it. It's a tight squeeze, however, given the limited space between the screwbar and the case; it's impossible to squeeze a zulu in there. I imagine one would experience the same problem with the 800.

Thanks, all. Hoping to joining the Doxa family soon.

I have the 1000T and it fits perfectly on Maratac NATO strap and the thicker Maratac ZULU NATO. The only consideration---the underside on the 1000T is a bit cushioned and when worn with the thicker ZULU NATO, tends to sit up a little higher on the wrist...but not too bad. DOXA on a black ZULU NATO looks awesome!

Thread Information