Need Advice On Selling My First Doxa.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By meep1999
  • 1 Post By subpro300
  • 1 Post By WORKSIMON
  • 1 Post By mikkolopez
  • 1 Post By orangeface

Thread: Need Advice On Selling My First Doxa.

Question Need Advice On Selling My First Doxa.

I am deciding whether I should sell this Doxa or not.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate based on pictures.
    It needs a new crown and tube as well as a servicing.
    Its from around the 60's.
    It features a silver dial with a black auqalung logo. Is this rare?
    The servicing would cost around $1000 and I don't have that kind of money at the moment, but I would like to keep it for future repair.

The buyer is offering $3000 as is. Is it worth selling?
    If so, would that be an accurate deal?

Attached Images Attached Images

manubenirevi and GDub like this.

Re: Need Advice On Selling My First Doxa.

Definitely worth 3000$ sale. Take the money and run!

This is one of the very first Sub-series (noT), produced only in 1967/68 in an original condition and including the original bor-band. Very rare find so far!

I've seen a few better pieces in the last 10 yrs. but I have never seen a silver Searambler-noT with a US-Divers-logo on the dial.
    That makes your watch outstanding. High extremely rare and a true Doxa-collector-piece!!!

If you are a real Doxa-Sub-fan you should keep it for a later repair. If you'll do so take care of the original condition, don't touch the dial/hands or throw the band away! Only movement-service, new crown and optical cleaning!

If not, take the money or try to get a few $ more. Anyway it'll be a good deal for you.

Here's an old ad from 1968:

Name:  $(KGrHqJHJD!E9!YZftCnBP(12LLjpQ~~60_57.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  222.8 KB
    Last edited by subpro300; August 24th, 2016 at 10:30.
    miniman_78 likes this.
    Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi MEEP,

Welcome to the DOXA forum

Can you tell if the Aqualung logo is printed onto the dial or a transfer ? My old eyes are not what they used to be but to me the printing looks very sharp compared to any others I have ever seen, mind you I have never seen this colour combination before so what do I know
    miniman_78 likes this.
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

At 3k i'd take the money and buy a new one if its a Doxa you're after. Though that is a rare edition, the hassle of looking for parts, a watchmaker that you trust, dollars to spend, time and effort would just be too taxing for me. Plus being a rare edition or vintage piece also means period correct parts are not gonna be lying around. And if its not built to period correct then whats the point. Just buy a new one.

My 2cents.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    gaopa likes this.

[QUOTE=mikkolopez;32832026]At 3k i'd take the money and buy a new one if its a Doxa you're after. Though that is a rare edition, the hassle of looking for parts, a watchmaker that you trust, dollars to spend, time and effort would just be too taxing for me. Plus being a rare edition or vintage piece also means period correct parts are not gonna be lying around. And if its not built to period correct then whats the point. Just buy a new one.

My 2cents.

Absolutely!

Never seen a Searambler with a solid black background Aqua Lung logo before. Appears at first glance to be almost fresh compared to the rest of the dial. The no-T markings and domed crystal make for a very desirable Doxa. Sympathetic/mechanical resto candidate, but parts (as previously stated) could make for a challenging refresh. I wonder if the domed crystal from the anniversary model will work with that vintage case. Be easier to take the money, run and order a new anniversary SR. Won't have that cool AL logo, tho.

Name:  SR_FaceCU.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  659.6 KB
    Last edited by orangeface; August 26th, 2016 at 04:28.

Get in touch with Flyingdoctor here on the doxa forum He might tell you more about the watch or be interrested to see it. It looks like it's an extremaly rare one, never seen a searambler 300 non-t before with the black us divers aqua-lung logo.

@orangeface: The sub 300 non-t that have a us divers aqua-lung logo that are around have a "black-lung" logo. Read somewhere these were prototypes the U.S. Divers compagny used for testing. If this watch is one of those it's probably the only searambler black lung and could be worth more then 3000usd
    Last edited by miniman_78; August 26th, 2016 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by miniman_78 View Post
    @orangeface: The sub 300 non-t that have a us divers aqua-lung logo that are around have a "black-lung" logo. Read somewhere these were prototypes the U.S. Divers compagny used for testing. If this watch is one of those it's probably the only searambler black lung and could be worth more then 3000usd
    @miniman: The "black" lung AL logo on the orange-face Professional model seems to be the standard, I'd just never seen a "black" lung AL logo on a Searambler. Very rare indeed.
    miniman_78 likes this.

Thread Information