Need Help Sizing my Doxa 1200T Bracelet

Thread: Need Help Sizing my Doxa 1200T Bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Sizing my Doxa 1200T Bracelet

Hello everybody, I know this might sound stupid, but received my 1200T DWL today, (#8/99), and would like to size the bracelet myself. It came with a screwdriver, so with a little guidance, I think I'll be able to pull it off. I usually take my watches to a jewelry but will like to save some $$$ and learn to do it myself.
    Is there any threads on how to do this?
    Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need Help Sizing my Doxa 1200T Bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Crow1962 View Post
    Hello everybody, I know this might sound stupid, but received my 1200T DWL today, (#8/99), and would like to size the bracelet myself. It came with a screwdriver, so with a little guidance, I think I'll be able to pull it off. I usually take my watches to a jewelry but will like to save some $$$ and learn to do it myself.
    Is there any threads on how to do this?
    Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated.
    I just did it with mine yesterday ; simply use that little screwdriver , in my case the screws (all of them) were pretty loose. Only be carefull that you don't scratch the polished sides of the bracelet
    Really a 5 min. job !!!

Thanks a lot, will give it a try. My question is, if you have to take two links out, do you take one from each side? and if so, do you start with the upper links with screws on them and work you way down to the clasp???
    Appreciate your help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I took 2 links out ; either side to keep the same length at both side of the clasp. It doesn't matter where to start ; i started closest to the clasp (first link next to clasp link)

Quote Originally Posted by Crow1962 View Post
    Thanks a lot, will give it a try. My question is, if you have to take two links out, do you take one from each side? and if so, do you start with the upper links with screws on them and work you way down to the clasp???
    Appreciate your help.
    I typically like to have less links on the 6 o'clock side. Just feels more comfortable that way. For example, if after sizing I find that I have 11 links total, I ensure that there are 5 on the 6 o'clock side and 6 on the 12 o'clock side. Obviously, if you have an even number of links, say 12, you can do 6 and 6 or 7 and 5. Hope that makes sense.

As far as the screws...DON'T FORCE THEM!!! Nice and easy and you should be OK. If you find some resistance, unscrew and try again. Sometimes the alignment is wrong and without realizing it, you strip a thread.

Good luck!
    "A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Current Watches:
    AUDEMARS PIGUET - Royal Oak Jumbo
    OMEGA - Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    ROLEX - GMT Master II 16710B
    ZENITH - Cronometro CP-2
    SINN - Bundeswehr 155 Dark Star
    LONGINES - Heritage Military 1938
    HEUER - Carrera Re-Edition of 1964 CS3110
    BALTIC- Aquascaphe Gilt Blue

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

I'll add the standard suggestion of light heat IF the screws prove stubborn (at all) to break loose. I'd use hot tap water or a hair dryer.

As to the links, I too prefer to remove more from the 6:00 side than 12:00 (I typically remove 3 total, two from the lower side, one from the upper side). But that will all depend on what you need to be comfortable with/center the watch head and clasp (everyone's wrist is their own). Same goes for an even number, just put it on and visualize which part of the bracelet you'd like shorter. Completely your call on where to start, it really does not matter.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

TBONE, if I order a watch from DOXA can you guys size the bracelet fro me? I just give you the info on my wrist size. Is that possible? Sorry for so many questions.

I had big problems resizing my watch. I could not get a screw back in and another screw was so tight I ruined the little screwdriver. So I took my watch to the local Sears and had it adjusted. Big mistake! I heard a loud hammer thump from the back room, so I can only assume that the watch lady drove the stubborn screw back in with a hammer. She also scratched the sides of the bracelet and put two very small dings under the HRV. The damage is very minor and cannot be seen without a loop. From now on I'll adjust my watches myself.

As far as DOXA adjusting the bracelet; ask customer service.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they would.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

just remember 'lefty loosey, righty tighty' and you'll be good to go in a couple minutes. Compared to split pin and pin/collar setups, the screw pins are so easy. Good luck
    "Using no way as way, having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information