The New 5000T

Thread: The New 5000T

The New 5000T

I know I am going to have to hide on this one, but I must say the new 5000 T does not look so good, I think it's the silver between the hour markers ,makes it look like any other dive watch on the market. I have allways loved the vintage stuff and that's what got me to buy a Doxa in the 1st place. I really love the new 1000T it's very close to the orig. Doxa's and it's gonna make me pull the trigger on a new toy :) a 1000T , I am now going to take cover but that's my 2 cents. :)
    Ed
    Last edited by Ed66; November 4th, 2007 at 06:48.

Re: The New 5000T

Quote Originally Posted by Ed66 View Post
    I know I am going to have to hide on this one, but I must say the new 5000 T does not look so good, I think it's the silver between the hour markers ,makes it look like any other dive watch on the market. I have allways loved the vintage stuff and that's what got me to buy a Doxa in the 1st place. I really love the new 1000T it's very close to the orig. Doxa's and it's gonna make me pull the trigger on a new toy :) a 1000T , I am now going to take cover but that's my 2 cents. :)
    Ed
    REPLY BY DOXA

Hi Ed, thank you for sharing your personal opinion. But dont judge too fast !. As I mentioned earlier, there is no watch out there on the market, not even a DOXA, that will appeal to every single person. If you think of DOXA in vintage terms only, then go for a retro model like the 1000T.

When we started working on the SUB 5000T, We wanted to make a watch, that incorporates all technical features which were requested from you over the past 6 years and I am sure you will confirm that we technically succeeded. The result is a technically outstanding and complete well balanced watch. Which, I am almost 100% sure, you will love the first time you see it in the flesh, even if you think that some elements there are not what you expected.

The SUB5000T is a new generation, but unmistakably a DOXA SUB. And the real spirit of t his watch will not appear on any picture. I am sure it will not give you the wow effect until you have seen it in the flesh.

BTW, dont judge too early, take your time, I saw this back in 2002, with the first SUB300T re-edition. Now this is watch is a class of its own, because it is unmistakably a DOXA but has the necessary refinements to make it different and very sought after

Rick
    DOAX watches LTD
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 4th, 2007 at 07:36.

Re: The New 5000T

Hi Rick,
    Your right I am sorry to judge too fast, I guess I was in the mind of Doxa= vintage dive watch. I should have looked at it as Doxa= evolution into what the customer want's and allways striving for excellence. I will say it does seem to incorporate a lot of the latest and greatest into the watch. I know that they say they have a Doxa dealer in the Phil. area, and I live about 40 mins away so I may have to go see this when it hits the store if it does hit the store :) I think I might bite if this watch comes in a Sharkhunter model. I must say Doxa is one hell of a company you listen so much to what the customer want's and that's truly unheard of in today's world.
    Thanks Ed

Thread Information