new bezel

Thread: new bezel

new bezel

If Doxa is gonna make a 1500T or whatever they'll call it i would like to see the bezel engravements a bit deeper.
    Some of the orange paint of my 1200 is allready fading a bit
    if the engravements of the numbers were a bit deeper the scratches on the bezel go over the engravement en will not touch the paint
    Who does agree on this ?
    I know a "used"Doxa looks fine but i would like to keep the paint a bit longer next time
    Who does agree on this ?

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: new bezel

Quote Originally Posted by WS72 View Post
    If Doxa is gonna make a 1500T or whatever they'll call it i would like to see the bezel engravements a bit deeper.
    if the engravements of the numbers were a bit deeper the scratches on the bezel go over the engravement en will not touch the paint
    Who does agree on this ?
    I know a "used"Doxa looks fine but i would like to keep the paint a bit longer next time
    Who does agree on this ?
    I agree completely. I also think the numbers should be bolder, like on the vintage 300Ts. That should make them hold paint better, as well as make them easier to read.

Note from DOXA
    Hi Ty, it is in fact the opposite way round, the bolder the engraving the easier the paint will fade, that is reason why the engraving got thinner from 1968 on. Deeper engraving is one possibility that we'll test and update you on the progress.

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; May 17th, 2010 at 18:05.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

+1
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WS72 View Post
    Who does agree on this ?
    Who does agree on this ?
    You have totally pegged one of the issues that I would like to see resolved with the next model. I don't think it is a design flaw, but I am just thinking about polishing the bezel 5 or 6 times over the next 20 years, and those numbers will disappear.

ABSOLUTELY........Deeper numbers

The other thing that I would love to see changed would be a user-removable bezel. That way if the user experienced grit under the bezel, the user could remove the bezel for cleaning. I would not want to sacrifice the "tightness" of the bezel, but the vintage Doxas had bezels that the user could remove and the bezels on my vintages feel pretty darn tight and ratchety.........I see it as a step forward to go back to that design.

Just my 2c
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    You have totally pegged one of the issues that I would like to see resolved with the next model. I don't think it is a design flaw, but I am just thinking about polishing the bezel 5 or 6 times over the next 20 years, and those numbers will disappear.

ABSOLUTELY........Deeper numbers

I agree. I have a vintage USD SUB 300T with a shallow engraved bezel.
    In 20 or 30 years our current SUBs may look like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Jason71; May 17th, 2010 at 21:28. Reason: quote fix
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Thread Information