New to the club! Bracelet Question...
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New to the club! Bracelet Question...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bought my first Doxa (Sub 300, 50th Anniversary edition) and I am in love! After messing around with homages and Seiko mods for so long, I just bit the bullet and got the real thing. Should have just gotten one from the beginning. :)

I really dislike the factory flared 23-20 bracelet though, but the Doxa really does belong on a BOR. Can someone point me to where I can get a 20-18 BOR with endlinks that will fit, either factory or otherwise? I'd like to not pay a fortune either as I've just depleted my bank account acquiring this thing. Currently have it on a Phenomenato.

Cheers
    John

Name:  DSCF3308.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  517.3 KB
    Nikita70, Sohl, riff raff and 2 others like this.

Can’t help with the bracelet question......but I have to say the Searambler looks great on a NATO, that colour looks particularly good as it just ‘fits’ the dial and hands colours

I’m surprised you dislike the bracelet though. Despite the cheap, stamped clasp I like everything, even the clasp, about that bracelet. I don’t think a 50th anniversary model could be done better......except a modern Omega metas movement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: New to the club! Bracelet Question...

Quote Originally Posted by jmai View Post
    Bought my first Doxa (Sub 300, 50th Anniversary edition) and I am in love! After messing around with homages and Seiko mods for so long, I just bit the bullet and got the real thing. Should have just gotten one from the beginning. :)

I really dislike the factory flared 23-20 bracelet though, but the Doxa really does belong on a BOR. Can someone point me to where I can get a 20-18 BOR with endlinks that will fit, either factory or otherwise? I'd like to not pay a fortune either as I've just depleted my bank account acquiring this thing. Currently have it on a Phenomenato.

Cheers
    John

Name:  DSCF3308.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  517.3 KB
    Hi John - the Yobokies BOR for DOXA bracelet is very nice - it has a 20mm/18mm taper and costs about $100 USD shipped. It fits the SUB 1200T - you can check with Harold (Yobokies) if it will fit the SUB 300. (edit: it does. I had it on my SUB 300 Searambler and Magnus on his Black Lung - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/yo...a-4587387.html)

Have a search through the DOXA forum for photos and ordering details. Contact Harold on:

yobokies at yahoo dot com dot hk

Cheers!
    Last edited by Des2471; May 28th, 2019 at 21:55.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd like to see that BOR braclet, but that weblink above only shows posts asking how to contact Yobookies. Can any one show one of his Doxa BOR's?
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer68 View Post
    Can’t help with the bracelet question......but I have to say the Searambler looks great on a NATO, that colour looks particularly good as it just ‘fits’ the dial and hands colours
    I’m surprised you dislike the bracelet though. Despite the cheap, stamped clasp I like everything, even the clasp, about that bracelet. I don’t think a 50th anniversary model could be done better......except a modern Omega metas movement

Don't get me wrong, the factory bracelet wears amazingly well, one of the most comfortable bracelets Ive worn. I simply just don't love the aesthetics of that 23/24mm flare out after the lugs, down to 20mm at the clasp. I've always preferred heavy tapers with any watch. :) But yes, do agree it looks great on a nato, but a nice BOR would be the primary strap for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Des2471 View Post
    Hi John - the Yobokies BOR for DOXA bracelet is very nice - it has a 20mm/18mm taper and costs about $100 USD shipped. It fits the SUB 1200T - you can check with Harold (Yobokies) if it will fit the SUB 300.

Have a search through the DOXA forum for photos and ordering details. Contact Harold on:

yobokies at yahoo dot com dot hk

Cheers!
    Thanks for the info, didn't know Yobokies made one for Doxa! I've ordered one from him and will come back with results. I'm actually a long time customer of Harold, when I was doing a lot of Seiko mods.

Quote Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
    I'd like to see that BOR braclet, but that weblink above only shows posts asking how to contact Yobookies. Can any one show one of his Doxa BOR's?
    That's the only way to order from Yobokies unfortunately; Harold is a one man shop who likes to do things the old fashioned way: through direct contact. Really nice guy. I'll post a photo of the BOR when it arrives today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
    Hi Al - if you search the DOXA forum for Yobokies, you should find info and pics which I and others have posted in the past.

Cheers!

edit: PS. Try this link... there are several others

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/yo...a-4587387.html

Quote Originally Posted by Des2471 View Post
    Hi Al - if you search the DOXA forum for Yobokies, you should find info and pics which I and others have posted in the past.

Cheers!

edit: PS. Try this link... there are several others

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/yo...a-4587387.html
    Thanks Des2471, appreciate the pix in that link (note to me: "search", it always works...)

Those end links don't work for me, as they appear curved. The BOR on my 1200t has straight end links. I was curious if the clasp was an upgrade, it doesn't appear so. I'll stick with my OEM.

Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

Just got my Yobokies BOR today and I think it's a fantastic option.

- Fitment on my 300 is excellent. The endlinks DO have a slight bit more curve than the case (probably because it was made to fit multiple Doxa models) but the gap is so minor that I already don't notice it. On wrist, the gap is hidden by the bezel anyway when viewed face on. More importantly, the endlinks, while hollow, fit very well on the case and don't wobble at all. For all intents and purposes they look and feel like solid endlinks. Some of the photos online make it look much worse than it is. Maybe it's not as good a fit on the 1200, but for sure, on a 300 it is a winner.

- Comfort is the same or better than the factory BOR. I say better because tapered bracelets are always more comfy to me. Less weight, less bulk, lighter feel.

- Finishing quality of links is the about the same as factory BOR. Links DO NOT fit the factory endlink. Construction is below factory in quality, using split pins instead of screws.

- The clasp is not good, generic Chinese clasp. I replaced it with a nice Zuludiver clasp, but any 18mm clasp will work. Besides the fact that you lose the DOXA branding, many aftermarket clasps are better constructed than the stamped factory unit anyway.

- Overall, I think it's a good and proper match to the 300. Doxa should have released the 300 50th with a 20-18 or 16 bracelet as it is more true to vintage. This is probably the best or only affordable option.

Name:  00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190530065331592_COVER.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  256.0 KB

Name:  00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190530065203626_COVER.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  221.1 KB

Attachment 14190785
    Last edited by jmai; May 30th, 2019 at 16:27.
    Joe90 and Formula1980 like this.

The Doxa Sub 1200T uses the 20-18 bracelet. Doesn't Doxa sell the 20-18 bracelet as accessory on their online store?

I have both the 1200T and 300 SL in my collection, but I haven't tried interchanging the bracelet. Though I don't see why it won't fit nicely.

The Doxa BOR bracelet is very nice and comfortable. First time I'm hearing someone wants to replace it, unless of course you want to try other options for different settings.

What you gotta do, you gotta do!!!

Collection :
    Omega, Rolex, Blancpain, Zenith, Tudor, IWC

The 1200T bracelet is 20mm/20mm (no taper)

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information