New To Doxa - 750t Bracelet?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dinexus
  • 1 Post By Hands90

Thread: New To Doxa - 750t Bracelet?

New To Doxa - 750t Bracelet?

Did the 750t have a different bracelet then the newer Poseidon and BL.
    I'm lucky enough to have both a Poseidon and a BL but no other Doxa's.

I'm currently looking at a Seahunter 300t but also there are a few others on the market right now a 1000t and a 750t.

The 750t is beaten and bruised and as I research some more the bracelet looks like it has some bracelet stretch. Non of these things bother me but as I look at the 750 on youtube it's rice bracelet is attached to the individual link.
    The rice is attached to the outer links.
    It's all one sold non moving link.

My
    bracelet on the Poseidon is different where it looks like the rice moves some what freely.

So I'm assuming the bracelet design changed to a new version for the later made Doxa's?

If there are different versions of the same bracelet can someone list which models have which versions of bracelets.
    I'd like to own the original Doxa bracelet and I really like the new Doxa bracelet but I'm not a fan of the 750 from what I'd seen.

Re: New To Doxa - 750t Bracelet?

Damn, great pair of doxas you have! Share a family shot!

As for the bracelet, you're right – both of them have doxa's new "Mark II" bracelet introduced two or three years ago (it was introduced as a stand-alone upgrade for the 1200T – the Sub 300T Black Lung was the first model to feature it from launch), which has individually polished beads. It's a lot more comfortable, and true to the original bracelets which have the same design. The 750T you're chasing has the previous generation bracelet, which has beads that are fused together to achieve a similar look, but some argue it's not quite as pure.

I also have a 750T, and I've fitted it to one of the new bracelets (all of which are 20mm right now, I believe), which fit the watch's 21mm endlinks perfectly. Absolutely worth doing in my opinion. The 750 is a wide, flat, and thin case profile, and it wears wonderfully. You're going to love it.

Last edited by dinexus; June 15th, 2018 at 18:46.
    Hands90 and K1M_I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    Damn, great pair of doxas you have! Share a family shot!

As for the bracelet, you're right – both of them have doxa's new "Mark II" bracelet introduced two or three years ago (it was introduced as a stand-alone upgrade for the 1200T – the Sub 300T Black Lung was the first model to feature it from launch), which has individually polished beads. It's a lot more comfortable, and true to the original bracelets which have the same design. The 750T you're chasing has the previous generation bracelet, which has beads that are fused together to achieve a similar look, but some argue it's not quite as pure.

I also have a 750T, and I've fitted it to one of the new bracelets (all of which are 20mm right now, I believe), which fit the watch's 21mm endlinks perfectly. Absolutely worth doing in my opinion. The 750 is a wide, flat, and thin case profile, and it wears wonderfully. You're going to love it.

Thank you. So the 1200t all had the new style bracelet.
    dinexus likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
    Thank you. So the 1200t all had the new style bracelet.
    Yes and no. The 1200T was launched with the older style bracelet (not sure when, officially), and then in one of the second or third production runs was updated and fitted with the new bracelet, which were also sold individually at the time. Pretty sure doxa sells the bracelets if you're chasing one for that Sub 750T if you end up getting it. As I mentioned, the 20mm bracelet will fit the 21mm endlinks just fine!

I don't think that 750t is going to work for me with the older bracelet

I'm looking at a 1200t Sharkhunter straight from Doxa. Will it have the newer Mark II bracelet?

Doxa says yes!
    Last edited by Hands90; July 4th, 2018 at 23:08.

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    Yes and no. The 1200T was launched with the older style bracelet (not sure when, officially), and then in one of the second or third production runs was updated and fitted with the new bracelet, which were also sold individually at the time. Pretty sure doxa sells the bracelets if you're chasing one for that Sub 750T if you end up getting it. As I mentioned, the 20mm bracelet will fit the 21mm endlinks just fine!
    Although this one's an old post, merely sharing so that anyone else looking to use a 20mm 1200t strap on a 750t understands that it is not a great fit. The little metal protrusions at the bottom of the straps are off by 1mm. This would mean the spring bars are bent at the ends, and the strap stays 1mm off the lug's top surface. And you Doxa spring bars may be too thick to bend, you need cheaper thinner spring bars even if you would like to try.

Name:  Doxa strap rework.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  100.2 KB

What you 'd have to do to get it on 750t! X-acto!

Name:  Doxa strap rework 2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  44.5 KB
    Last edited by williemored; 1 Week Ago at 08:24.

Thread Information