New to Doxa - Need Advice
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fastward

Thread: New to Doxa - Need Advice

New to Doxa - Need Advice

I started building a dive watch collection about a year ago, and mostly hang out in the dive watch forum. I have decided to add a Doxa diver to my collection based on their historical significance in the evolution of the dive watch with the 300 sub Conquistador and U.S. Divers watches. What I am requesting is advice on which model to get that best represents the classic Doxa divers. It appears that the new 1200T Sub Professional is the one, but I would like that confirmed.

Also, I would like some feedback on the general quality of Doxa divers. The sense I get is that they are a tool watch and somewhat overpriced for the fit and finish. Opinions, both pro and con would be appreciated.

Re: New to Doxa - Need Advice

robi516,

The 1200T would be the model closest to the 300T in the current lineup. DOXA fit and finish on the 2 that I have owned have been great. The polished bezel, as with any polished surface, will show scratches. It is a common complaint that cannot be changed except during a service.

Price is a subjective topic. DOXA has a very good marketplace at current pricing. Personally, I would only buy pre-owned. The 750T Pro I had was purchased used and when it was sold I didn't lose much on re-sale. The 600T-Graph Sharkie I currently own was also bought pre-owned. If you are a flipper like me, pre-owned is the only way to go. In the case of the 600T-Graph, it was no longer available, and pre-owned was the only option.

I am a big fan of the DOXA history and will always have something from the brand. Good luck with your decision.
    Current rotation:
    Rolex 116610 LV
    Rolex 116710 BLNR
    Rolex 16610 LN
    Rolex 16710 BLRO
    Tudor Black Bay GMT
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Seiko SRPC91 STO Mod
    Seiko SKX007
    Greg Stevens GSD-2A Bronze
    Casio G-Shock GW2310-1

robi516, I was in your position a couple of years ago in trying to decide on a Doxa. I like dive watches, even though I don't dive, and thought the Doxa would be a nice one to have. I was torn between the 1200T Professional and the 1200T Sharkhunter. In looking at my collection I saw a lot of black watch dials looking up at me. The orange dial of the Professional just said Doxa to me so I bought it. The history of the watch was also an appeal. I find the fit and finish to be excellent and the ETA movement is a good time keeper. I am very pleased with my 1200T Professional and think you would be as well. Cheers, Bill P.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gaopa View Post
    robi516, I was in your position a couple of years ago in trying to decide on a Doxa. I like dive watches, even though I don't dive, and thought the Doxa would be a nice one to have. I was torn between the 1200T Professional and the 1200T Sharkhunter. In looking at my collection I saw a lot of black watch dials looking up at me. The orange dial of the Professional just said Doxa to me so I bought it. The history of the watch was also an appeal. I find the fit and finish to be excellent and the ETA movement is a good time keeper. I am very pleased with my 1200T Professional and think you would be as well. Cheers, Bill P.

Great pic Bill
    Current rotation:
    Rolex 116610 LV
    Rolex 116710 BLNR
    Rolex 16610 LN
    Rolex 16710 BLRO
    Tudor Black Bay GMT
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Seiko SRPC91 STO Mod
    Seiko SKX007
    Greg Stevens GSD-2A Bronze
    Casio G-Shock GW2310-1

^both posts above have great advice. The professional 1200t offers the closest DNA to the original 300T.

Pre-owned is the way to go.

And since we love pictures. Here is my old Tusa.

nellipj likes this.

Thread Information