New to DOXA, and need some opinions...

Thread: New to DOXA, and need some opinions...

Question New to DOXA, and need some opinions...

Hey gang,
    I'm a newbie to the DOXA brand but have been eyeballing them for a while. I think I'm ready to get one now as I'm trying to mix up my collection to one watch per brand that I like rather than 4 Breitlings etc...
    I've been looking at the 5000T Sharkhunter and the 750T Sharkhunter.
    Obvious differences are the bracelet, and I like both bracelets for different reasons, so I'm not sure on the bracelet yet, but what other differences are there between the two models? One preferred more than the other?
    The case size seems to be the same, dial color, etc...but wondering from those of you who have owned either or both, what are the little things that make them different? Craftsmenship equal? Fit and finish etc?
    Is the 750T SH out of production now?
    I also like the Sub 600 T-Graph in Black...so any opinions on that one would be appreciated too!
    I only want one Doxa....trying to avoid the trend I have now of multiple watches of the same brand... Trying to...
    I thank you guys in advance!
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Christopher

Current
    :
    Omega Speedmaster - LE Apollo Soyuz
    Omega PO
    Omega Dynamic Chrono

Next is hopefully a PAM 682

Re: New to DOXA, and need some opinions...

I much prefer the 5000T to the 750T. I've had both. The bracelet on the 5000 is much nicer imo. Has the micro adjust feature and it's more substantial. The dial on the 5K is different. It's not traditional Doxa. I prefer it with the metal hands and indices. Others would criticize the non-traditional arrangement of writing, etc. The 5000T also has the HEV. And there is some difference in the finish, brushed v. polished. You're the one who needs to decide which is preferred.

The 5000T and the 750T are not even close to being the same type of watch. Some of the things have all ready been listed.

But here are a few more:

The lume on the 5000T is the best there is for that type

The crystal ... doomed on the 5000T flat on the 750T

Completely different movement between the watches.

The bracelet on the 5000 is very nice but doesn't work well for me because there is not enough movement or fine adjustment for my wrist size for it to work out for me. The reason is that I am having to use some of the micro adjustment for everyday wear because there are no half link sizes to remove. So because of that I can not use the watch with a 6.5mm wet suit. So this watch is only used in warm water diving. Dummer! The other thing is the bracelet for the 5000T is not the "Beads of Rice" if that matters to you.

Also you are correct the 750T is out of production so you would need to find a used one vs new ... warranty issue if that is important.

I must say I like the 750T best as you can tell from my signature but both watches are top notch ... hell it is a Doxa the best dive watch in the world!

John
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drster View Post
    I much prefer the 5000T to the 750T. I've had both. The bracelet on the 5000 is much nicer imo. Has the micro adjust feature and it's more substantial. The dial on the 5K is different. It's not traditional Doxa. I prefer it with the metal hands and indices. Others would criticize the non-traditional arrangement of writing, etc. The 5000T also has the HEV. And there is some difference in the finish, brushed v. polished. You're the one who needs to decide which is preferred.
    Thanks for the reply! I didnt realize the writing on the dial was not traditionally in those locations. I've got alot to catch up on.
    I like the bracelet having screws and being more substantial, but I thought I read that the GMT beads of rice bracelet also comes with screws and is thicker as well. Am I correct in saying this?
    It's hard without being able to handle them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    The 5000T and the 750T are not even close to being the same type of watch. Some of the things have all ready been listed.

But here are a few more:

The lume on the 5000T is the best there is for that type

The crystal ... doomed on the 5000T flat on the 750T

Domed vs flat? So, which do you prefer and why?

Completely different movement between the watches.

WHat is the movement in the 750 T?

Also you are correct the 750T is out of production so you would need to find a used one vs new ... warranty issue if that is important.
    Not really important. I buy most of my watches second hand these days anyhow. But my wife is looking to get me a watch as a gift and she would buy new since she is not active on the forums like I am!
    She says she likes the Sub 600 T-Graph SH the best so far from photos!

I must say I like the 750T best as you can tell from my signature but both watches are top notch ... hell it is a Doxa the best dive watch in the world!
    Holy cow John....quite the collection of 750T's I guess it really is your favorite. If you don't mind can you tell me why exactly it is?

John
    Thanks guys! I appreciate your words of wisdom!
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Christopher

Current
    :
    Omega Speedmaster - LE Apollo Soyuz
    Omega PO
    Omega Dynamic Chrono

Next is hopefully a PAM 682

Thread Information