New Doxa owner!

Thread: New Doxa owner!

New Doxa owner!

Being i Seiko guy, I've secretly been drooling on a Doxa for quite a while. However I couldn't really justify the price, until I noticed the summer sale a couple of weeks ago.. (yeah I know, I'm probably the last one to notice the sale)

I jumped the gun and ordered a 1000t caribbean and it arrived on Friday! :D The watch was everything I expected it to been, and then some! I absolutely love it, and I predict it won't leave my wrist for quite a while.

However I have a couple of questions:

I just read the user manual (CD) and there it said the watch is waterproof to 750 meters? I thought the 1000t was waterproof to 1000 meters? If so, the CD-rom is erroneous..

Another thing I noticed is that it said you shouldn't shake the watch to get it started (if stopped) because that can ruin the movement? Whats the difference between a hack/handwind movement and one that doesn't hack/handwind? The latter you have to shake to get started, so why is it so dangerous to do the same to a movement which handwinds? Doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know. Please explain anyone :)

With that said, I'm really satisfied with the watch, and unfortunately I don't have any pictures as I don't have a camera at the moment.

Oh, for those curious, my watch is gaining approx. 20 seconds a day, is that normal?

Kind regards

Michael

Re: New Doxa owner!

Quote Originally Posted by i3rfnp3 View Post
    Being i Seiko guy, I've secretly been drooling on a Doxa for quite a while. However I couldn't really justify the price, until I noticed the summer sale a couple of weeks ago.. (yeah I know, I'm probably the last one to notice the sale)

I jumped the gun and ordered a 1000t caribbean and it arrived on Friday! :D The watch was everything I expected it to been, and then some! I absolutely love it, and I predict it won't leave my wrist for quite a while.

However I have a couple of questions:

I just read the user manual (CD) and there it said the watch is waterproof to 750 meters? I thought the 1000t was waterproof to 1000 meters? If so, the CD-rom is erroneous..

Another thing I noticed is that it said you shouldn't shake the watch to get it started (if stopped) because that can ruin the movement? Whats the difference between a hack/handwind movement and one that doesn't hack/handwind? The latter you have to shake to get started, so why is it so dangerous to do the same to a movement which handwinds? Doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know. Please explain anyone :)

With that said, I'm really satisfied with the watch, and unfortunately I don't have any pictures as I don't have a camera at the moment.

Oh, for those curious, my watch is gaining approx. 20 seconds a day, is that normal?

Kind regards

Michael
    A lot of questions in this post Mike.

• The 1000T to my knowledge is WR to 1000ft thus the 1000
    • I don't think the hacking feature of the movement has anything to do with not shaking the watch. Many manufacturers recommend a few winding turns to get it going. For the watches that will not wind like many Seikos, I still kind of rock vs. a brisk shake
    • I do believe that the 20 sec + is within Doxa's acceptable range before you would need to send in for regulation.

I'm sure someone with more exact info will chime in soon. Enjoy your Doxa, and make room for some Orange...maybe a 5000T Pro!

Among Addictions...None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

Thread Information