New to Forum

Thread: New to Forum

New to Forum

Hello, I have a question, but some background first. My father, P.A.D.I. Master Instructor #007, owned a Sub 300t Sharkhunter which he wore everyday as I was growing up. Shortly before he retired he bought a Rolex Seadweller which became his daily watch. I had never worn a watch until the day after he died. I started wearing his Rolex. I beat the daylights out of it every 3rd day at work and after about a year I bought my own Doxa. I chose the Military Sub 1000t Professional. I chose the Military version so as dirt would not show up on it as much. My question, The black coating around the bezel and on the bracelet is scratched off. Is there a way to have the scuffs touched up? Another question off this topic. My Sub 1000t loses about 6-7 minutes a day. I realize this is not normal for a Swiss timepiece but, has anyone else experienced such bad timekeeping with their Subs?

Re: New to Forum

May I ask, what do you do for a living?

Yes, I am a Lieutenant on the Chicago Fire Dept. As a member of Special Operations with the Department we are tasked occasionally as Rescue Divers. My Rolex was getting sooty from the fire duty that we do and now with my Military Doxa this is no longer an issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum first off.

I am also a FF Lt. and wear my Doxas on the job. As for the finish on it, the whole watch would have to be redone, Me personally I would leave it alone (character). Also I replaced the metal bracelet with 5 ring Zulus on all my Doxas and would highly recommend doing that in our profession. As for the lose of time, no, 6 to 7 minutes isn't normal. The watch needs to be adjusted and inspected. From my personal experience automatic and quartz watches don't always fare to good with some of the tasks that must be done to get the job done. I once spun the dial of a luminox 45 degrees working the flat head axe against a rather difficult door. Stretching lines, working hydraulic, ladder ops, and etc. have been fine but anything with severe impact tend to lead to bad things. I do still wear them on the job but I try taking a couple precautions. When going to training and working high impact tools I will try and take them off. I know it can't be done every time and it is what it is but I do try. the watch is a tool and I use it like one. Be safe out there. Ray
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional
    Jules Jurgensen 6355 (my 1st diver)

Nice hearing from you. My sentiments exactly about my Doxa being a tool. Well my Sub does have character and will probably continue to get more. Thanks for the reply and stay safe also. RdeM.

RdeM, was thinking as I like firearms also. You could try a black sharpie say by the clasp and see how it looks. Also they do make a pen for scratches on blue steel firearms that might work to. It wont last forever but might work as a touch up. Any way try it in a place you don't see like the clasp and see how it looks. Ray
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional
    Jules Jurgensen 6355 (my 1st diver)

Thread Information