New to the forum and Doxa

Thread: New to the forum and Doxa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile New to the forum and Doxa

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you all for your advice over the last couple of months. I would have posted before now, but it always seemed like someone else had already asked the questions I had. Based on the answers many of you have given, I am now the proud owner of a Doxa 750T Pro.

It is awesome!!! I love it. I was worried about the size, but it perfectly fits my wrist out of the box. I might have to remove one link, but we will see how that feels. Right now it is very comfortable. Just so you all know, I do a lot of stuff in the water so am always looking for a great sports watch. I dive, snorkel and swim about 5-6 mile a week. This is going to come in real handy for the swimming, as it always seems like the lap clocks at pools are broken.

I also loved the movie Sahara as a great popcorn flick, but had never read a Cussler book. I am sure, like many people, I saw the watch in the movie and decided to check it out. I have been salivating ever since I was directed to the site. My wife finally told me to get it over with and gave me the go ahead for the purchase. We just got it today and I think she loves it more than me. Enough so that she has told me I should buy the Sharkhunter too. I am assuming that will be a little later, as I want to get to know this one first.

Anyway, hello to all and I will try and post pics later, since that seems to be a popular thing to do. Sorry for being so long winded, but boy am I ever excited.

Rob
    Last edited by Milamber; September 23rd, 2006 at 04:01.

Re: New to the forum and Doxa

Rob,

welcome to the Doxa world. Dive right in, the water's lovely

Here's wishing you health to enjoy your SUB. One word of warning; Doxa's are addictive. One is never enough

Pete

Hi and welcome,

Enjoy the 750 Pro, its a great watch, but you will love the sharkie as well!!!!

BTW, can your wife give mine a ring and explain the correct procedure for admiring a new watch, mine doesn;t seem to have gotten the hang of it yet!
    Regards

Colin

Omega Seamaster Pro COSC (Bond)
    Seiko 007 on various natos
    UK Military Divers 200M Quartz
    Seiko Kinetic Diver (Boss)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, Rob, and welcome to Doxaholics Anonymous. As Pete said, Doxas are the Swiss watch equivalent of Lays Potato Chips - you can't have just one! :-D

Looking forward to some pics!

Paul

Welcome to the club! Also, it is impossible to stop at 1...

Congrats!

Sounds like another vote for a reissue on the Nymph or coralline!

Your Doxaholic certificate is in the mail.

Congratulations on your new Doxa, and welcome to Doxaholics R Us

Welcome
    Arthur
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Thumbs Up Re: New to the forum and Doxa

Hey Rob,

Welcome!!

I had no clue about the movie Sahara or the books. I just saw the design and I do not remember how, probably a forum or something. Once you see the watch it begins. You want one.

It is funny you said your wife liked it as I had the same experience. My wife could care less about my watch collection but has commented on my Doxa. It is one of the few she has ever noticed and liked!!

Enjoy and wear in good health!!

Robzilla
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

Thanks everyone for the great responses!!! It is good to be here.

I have one question concerning the numbering on the watches. I forgot to previously mention that I actually have the 750T Dirk Pitt Edition, number 0847 of 5000.

I could have sworn that I have read people posting their watch numbers for this model and them being higher. If I am right, do Doxa not sell these in numbered order? I find it hard to believe that they have only sold 0847 of the 5000 run on this watch, but thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance for any response and here is to hoping everyone had a good weekend!!

Rob

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Hi, and also welcome to the forum! I have a sibling of your watch, Dirk Pitt Sub 750T Professional, 0779/5000. Bought it a few months back.

Doxa sells these in random order. Ordering one might get you 4388/5000 or 0256/5000. Anybody's guess! I understand that it is done under the auspices of fairness. While that may be the case, I also tend to think it makes things a little easier for them, and that is not all bad either.

Enjoy the forum, and throw up some pics of your watch if you get the chance!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information