New forum member

Thread: New forum member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New forum member

Hi to all,

I've been looking for a new watch for some months now and I'm currently leaning towards a sub800ti professional. Until a few weeks back the sub1000t caribbean was my number one choice; I really like the vintage look and the blue dial, but the lack of an orange minute hand on that particular model proved a bit of a deal breaker for me.

But then Doxa released the sub800ti and after seeing some pictures it looks more and more like a no-brainer to me: titanium, tubes and that reduced price offer. Add that to the fact that only 500 will be made opposed to the 5000 for the 1000t caribbean. At first I had some mixed feeling about the use of two tubes on the minute hand, initially it looked a bit odd but after seeing some more pictures it doesn't look that bad at all. The overall look of the 800ti is, of course, stunning to say the least!

The only 'real' problem I have is the combination of the sub800 size and my tiny 6.3" wrist. I've looked at a lot of Doxa wrist shots and there were a few of similar sized wrist wearing a sub750t. After seeing those shots I think that the sub800ti isn't too big but I'm not entirely convinced yet.
    Any comment/suggestions and/or some more real life pictures of a sub800 professional would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Koen

Re: New forum member

Welcome!! I say go for it. I think you'll be ok. Doxa makes a great watch and you won't be dissapointed. Plus with the 800ti weight it should help!!

Chris

Welcome aboard Koen

Any Doxa will fit you fine, my wife has a tiny wrist of maybe 5" and she wore a 600T Pro for a while no problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

welcome! personally, i prefer the size of the 1000T to the 750T on my 6.4 inch wrist. i have both sizes in my collection. generally speaking, i think the vintage size looks better proportioned, more focused, and "tighter" on small to average sized wrists.

HOWEVER, if you really like the 800Ti, then you should go for it because the size should be okay. This is because the vertical length-- lug to lug measurement-- of the 750 case is about 48 MM. That's pretty small for a larger diameter sized watch. ( i.e there should be no overhang of the lugs)

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    Hi to all,

I've been looking for a new watch for some months now and I'm currently leaning towards a sub800ti professional. Until a few weeks back the sub1000t caribbean was my number one choice; I really like the vintage look and the blue dial, but the lack of an orange minute hand on that particular model proved a bit of a deal breaker for me.

But then Doxa released the sub800ti and after seeing some pictures it looks more and more like a no-brainer to me: titanium, tubes and that reduced price offer. Add that to the fact that only 500 will be made opposed to the 5000 for the 1000t caribbean. At first I had some mixed feeling about the use of two tubes on the minute hand, initially it looked a bit odd but after seeing some more pictures it doesn't look that bad at all. The overall look of the 800ti is, of course, stunning to say the least!

The only 'real' problem I have is the combination of the sub800 size and my tiny 6.3" wrist. I've looked at a lot of Doxa wrist shots and there were a few of similar sized wrist wearing a sub750t. After seeing those shots I think that the sub800ti isn't too big but I'm not entirely convinced yet.
    Any comment/suggestions and/or some more real life pictures of a sub800 professional would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Koen
    --AC

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there Koen and welcome!

The DOXA SUBs are all based on the "Cushion" style case of the original.

In terms of a DOXA seeming "too big" I only think you would have that sense in wearing a T-Graph or possibly a 5000T.

Glad you decided to join us!

James

On behalf of the Inventors of Orange -

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    Hi to all,

Kind regards,

Koen

Welcome Koen and run away while you are still able! Doxa's are very addicting and often lead to more Doxas.

As far as size goes, I have 750's and T-Graphs and both look just fine on my 6.5" wrist. I believe the 800 falls somewhere in between and weighs less than both.

Koen

Welcome to the world of Doxas....and to the forum!

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Cool Re: New forum member

Koen,

Welcome to the world of DOXA, just jump on board and enjoy the ride

Cheers

Simon

P.S Its a one way ticket.......there's no going back
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Welcome Koen,

I don't think the size will be an issue at all. Worst case is that you turn around and sell it. But I really don't think that will happen. But you have been warned ... YOU CAN"T JUST BUY ONE!!! I know that for a fact!!!! And, as you can tell I like the size of the 750T.
    John M.

Thanks for the reply's.

I've decided to buy an 800 pro. Now it's the long waiting for it to arrive...

And as to the matter of the Doxa addiction; (un)fortunately my bank account won't let me buy a second doxa anytime soon.

koen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information