New to The Forum Q's

Thread: New to The Forum Q's

New to The Forum Q's

Hey All,

I've been a lurker on this forum for several years, but finally pulled the trigger and joined up so I could participate actively.

I am looking for a 600T Rice Bead bracelet to put on my 300T Pro (vintage) and was disappointed to hear that they are no longer available from Doxa direct. Guess I held out too long on that one...

In any case, I joined up yesterday to try and track one down, and I hope I can get some help from you guys.

My first question is this: Are sales/trade forums limited to the WUS general forums or is there a specific page hiding somewhere just for Doxa pieces?

If there isn't, is it *kosher* to post a "Want to buy" thread right here in the Doxa SA thread or is that strictly verboten?

Sorry for the basic Q's, and I appreciate your time in helping me out here.

In case you have a bracelet you're looking to move, drop me a line -

Thanks!

james

Re: New to The Forum Q's

Hi James, the SUB1000T will fit the vintage model, and the endlinks will also fit some, but not all models. please contact us by email and send a picture of your watch and we will inform you ASAP

DOXA

Ah, fantastic! Will do.

Has anybody here done this mod with their vintage Sub?
    DOXA Sub 1000T Caribbean, Seiko 6105, Omega Speedmaster .861, Seiko 6139, Marathon GSAR 06 Contract, Heuer "Siffert" Autavia, Rolex Submariner 16800, Rolex GMT Master 1675, Heuer "Viceroy" Autavia, Omega Speedmaster Mk II, Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox, Rolex Explorer I, Heuer Bundeswehr....and more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Some have, I hope they'll chime in. Also, FWIW, if you want the polished beads (as on the 600T), that is an easy thing to do yourself (try searching this Forum for "how to" posts).

As to posting a WTB ad, there is a WTB section on the Sales Forums for that, no WTB, Sales or Trade ads are allowed in the general Forums on WUS.

There is another Sales Forum that is mostly Doxa, though I think you now need to email the Administrator to activate your account (due to persistent spamming). That is run by "our own" Dr. Peter Millar. While it's not highly active, it IS Doxa centered, and happens to be connected to his Doxa 300 site, one of the most informative sites on the web for all things Doxa SUB. You can find his site linked in the Sub Forums under Reviews, at the top of our main Doxa Forum Index page. Once there, click on "Forum", and you'll be at the Sales Forum.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Hey T-Bone,

Got it. I've posted a WTB in the general WUS Sales forum as well. Thanks!

Also thanks for the additional info. Yeah, I found Pete's site a number of years ago and it was extremely helpful in pointing me in the right direction to find my Doxa originally. I have even had the pleasure of chatting with him once by phone shortly after I received the book in the mail - quite an impressive piece in its own right!

I wasn't sure why his forum had been shut down, so maybe I will shoot him an email as well to see if I can get access. I guess spamming makes sense.

For me the vintage Sub 300T Pro was my grail and I consider myself fortunate to have already grabbed one. I have had a bunch of interesting upgrades performed (to make it more suited for daily use), and I think a proper rice-bead bracelet will finish it up nicely.

Of course, now the 5000T Sharkie has caught my eye...

DOXA Sub 1000T Caribbean, Seiko 6105, Omega Speedmaster .861, Seiko 6139, Marathon GSAR 06 Contract, Heuer "Siffert" Autavia, Rolex Submariner 16800, Rolex GMT Master 1675, Heuer "Viceroy" Autavia, Omega Speedmaster Mk II, Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox, Rolex Explorer I, Heuer Bundeswehr....and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Hi James, the SUB1000T will fit the vintage model, and the endlinks will also fit some, but not all models. please contact us by email and send a picture of your watch and we will inform you ASAP

DOXA

Thanks, I just posted some to the Wrists Shots thread, and will email them as well.

Thread Information