New guy

Thread: New guy

New guy

Hello all I have been in the market for a good watch for a while now I have been obsessing over what brand what model to go for.
    I have come back to Doxa over and over. I and head over heals for the 750 GMT, but the price tag is rough coming from Suunto and such.
    I like all the models pretty much but the GMT function is Nice.

I'm mostly looking for a good automatic that I can wear for anything, I am the type of person that puts a watch on, and then takes it off to clean it and then when it dies.

I'm working over in Afghanistan, and live in Colorado so it would mostly be a desk diver, or at best a lake swimmer.

Thanks for posting all the great photos!

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Re: New guy

Welcome!

Be sure to check out the Forum for special offers from time to time.

If you are a US based Forum member you are eligible to take advantage of the GMT Economic Stimulus Special!

Again, thanks for joining us here at DOXA!

The Inventors of Orange -

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by Stryyf View Post
    Hello all I have been in the market for a good watch for a while now I have been obsessing over what brand what model to go for.
    I have come back to Doxa over and over. I and head over heals for the 750 GMT, but the price tag is rough coming from Suunto and such.
    I like all the models pretty much but the GMT function is Nice.

I'm mostly looking for a good automatic that I can wear for anything, I am the type of person that puts a watch on, and then takes it off to clean it and then when it dies.

I'm working over in Afghanistan, and live in Colorado so it would mostly be a desk diver, or at best a lake swimmer.

Thanks for posting all the great photos!

Welcome to the orange side, Stryyf!

The GMT is a fantastic watch, especially for us World travelers. No matter which Doxa you start with (I say start because no one is happy with just one) you're going to be amazed at the quality and durability of these watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can see that for sure, I think My challenge will be finding a gently used GMT =)
    I am torn on the specific model but If I could pick any it would be the Caribbean or maybe the pro.
    Last edited by Stryyf; October 9th, 2008 at 18:12.

Right now that forum member deal is so sweet you couldnt get a used one for the new price. If you are having it sent to Colorado, you can save hundreds off the normal price by being a forum member. GMT economic stimulus special is the way to go. See the post for this for more details.
    Current rotation include:

DOXA SUB600T Dirk Pitt #1021/3000
    DOXA SUB750T Caribbean #226/250
    DOXA SUB 1000T Divingstar COSC #3002/5000
    DOXA Aquaman
    Tag Heuer Formula One
    Citizen Hyper-Aqualand
    Seiko SKXA61 "Orange Knight"

GGD

G'day Stryyf -

get on board that special deal for the GMT.... you won't do better than that mate!

Welcome to the forum and make sure you post some pics when you get your new Doxa

Oh I want to so freaking bad... this desire strikes right when I need to be saving up to go back home and find a real job in the states. I may have to hold off the jones and just wait till Tax return season and hope there are some good deals to be had then.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Welcome!

DOXA

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Hi Stryyf, and Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

I took only one Doxa with me when I took a construction job in Baghdad for parts of '06/'07. It was my 750T GMT Divingstar (bought for that trip really). It was great to have three time zones, one for GMT, one local and one home.

The current deal offered by Doxa is a very good one, and these aren't offered every day. If it's a realistic option, I'd say go for it! But then, we're all a bunch of enablers here .

Stay safe!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information