New Guy

Thread: New Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Guy

Hey everyone. Short testimonial here..I am a long-time watch aficionado and generally buy one nice watch a year. Last year was a Rolex blue sub and for 2007 I had waited all year to buy an IWC ingenier automatic this month. I was ready to close the deal and after being told I could get one price and the watch coming completely sealed from IWC (I make OCD people look normal...no moron banging it against a display case for six months and everybody trying it on and of course immediately saying, "how much??!!, why wouldn't you just buy a Rolex?)" Anyway, the experience I wanted couldn't be had so I decided to buy two watches, an Omega Speedmaster "Moon Watch" chrono with display back, manual wind, and... my first Doxa. Very seldom does something meet, let alone exceed my expectations. From the live-chat and ordering with Andy, fast shipment and delivery from Fed-Ex and the superb packing and presentation of the watch, I have been thrilled. I already am eyeing the sharkhunter military and waiting for the next new model. I wish I had known of Doxa when the Carribean Queen was available!! Anyway, love the watch and can't wait to see what's next.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Jeff

The collection:

Doxa GMT Professional 329/1000
    Omega 1950s Vintage "Bumper"
    Tag Heuer 2000
    Tag Heuer 4000
    Rolex Submariner 18k/stainless "Blue on Blue" (2006)
    Rolex Daytona Stainless Steel, white dial, Z series (2007)
    Rolex Anniversary Milgauss, V series (2008
    IWC Pilot Chrono Auto 3717-01

Re: New Guy

You sure have great taste in watches!!

Congrats on your new DOXA as well as your new Moon Watch!

If you decide to get the Milsharky you will love it too (that's the one I have) but I've been lusting after a Caribbean Queen too, big time!

Welcome to the forum! Stick around - you will find DOXAs incredibly addictive (like some members here with a dozen of them!)
    Steve

DOXA Military Sharkhunter
    Sinn 856
    Sinn 103

May I be the second to welcome you and point out

We love the watch .... around here!

Also you may notice the term "Doxaholic" thrown around rather freely here. This is a real and menacing problem among Doxa owners. It all starts with a Pro or Sharky, then progresses onto GMTs and T-Graphs. Then comes the vintages, the Coppa's and the Deco. Before you know it you look like Jason.

Again, congrats and welcome to the support group.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on two fine timepieces! SMSgt Bo is right on about the progression, I recently bought a Sharky & already deciding which DOXA to make my second.

Welcome Jeff, the odds of seeing another Doxa in Atlanta just got better.
    Breitling Avenger Skyland
    Breitling Chronomat
    Casio G-Shock G-2300
    Doxa GMT SUB750T Sharkhuner
    Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Professional
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero

Ahh don't listen to all that rhetoric about having to have another DOXA because one isn't enough they're just pullin' your chain hmmm - well then again maybe they right

All kidding aside congratulations and enjoy the new DOXA(s)
    DHD
    DAVID
    DOXA SUB 750T PROFESSIONAL #3509
    DOXA SUB 750T SHARKHUNTER #610
    DOXA SUB 750T SEARAMBLER #165

Welcome and prepare to lose your method of 1 nice watch a year. Now you're into Doxa's be careful you don't end up like Jason. You'll get this joke after short while on the forum.

So I guess I should chime in here. Got the Doxa Bug and bought about 2 per month for 6 months. I even have duplicates (two GMT Pros, one for me and one put away for later for my 4 year old son). Here are a couple of my Favorites in no particular order.

MY RR (notice that Caribbean is spelled wrong with two "R"s)

My Vintage 300T Pro

Several Favorites.....

And the Poseidon....

To answer your question, the Caribbean GMT will be available again in Oct. I am sure you could contact Doxa SA about pre-ordering one. It was my first, and it is a fine piece. Several people who have one can attest to the fact that it is stunning.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

howboutdemRedSox

Hi Jeff
    Welcome to the land of Doxaholics! It's hard to follow Jason's watch .... as he has such an untouchable collection . You'll find a wealth of information here and a willingness to share that's both helpful and fun. Many members are in the process of getting the new 1000T and there are some great 'comparison" posts. Another great resource is Dr. Peter Millar - he or any of the moderators can assist if you are tgrying to evaluate the value or authenticity of a vintage Doxa. Enjoy your Doxa and time on the forum.
    Last edited by howboutdemRedSox; August 25th, 2007 at 23:05.

That's what we've all been waiting for!! Something to inspire Jason to show some shots of his fantastic collection

Thanks Jason Awesome watches and Great Shots of a few in your stable
    DHD
    DAVID
    DOXA SUB 750T PROFESSIONAL #3509
    DOXA SUB 750T SHARKHUNTER #610
    DOXA SUB 750T SEARAMBLER #165

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information