New to me 750t update

Thread: New to me 750t update

Banned

New to me 750t update

Name:  P1030663.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  242.7 KB

Here's a quick update with my impressions of the watch and strap after 10 days with it.
    I changed the spring bars to the lower of the 2 above. These I got from a well known Australian seller online. These are listed as 22mm pins and as can be seen, when compressed will give a tighter and more robust fit.
    The isofrane is easily the best rubber strap I have had. It's much more comfortable than the Seiko straps. Softer rubber and micro adjustment get the perfect fit. I'll get another for the Tuna.
    The watch itself is very nice. For the first week I wore 24/7 and it lost 28 secs so -4/day which is pretty good. I'm now wearing only during the day and leaving it face up on the table at night and it's now lost 8 secs in 3 days so just under -3/day. I'd say that's pretty good for a standard 2824.
    It's the perfect size for my wrist, sits very flat, quite like the Submariner unlike the Tuna which wears tall.
    I do however have one irritation and that is the orange hand! For others I'm sure it's fine but with my eyesight in dim light I lose the orange against the black so the minute hand becomes the same size as the hour hand! No problem at all in good light and then I really like the orange hand.
    I will keep my eyes open for a whiteshark 750 however I think the easiest solution is to get the minute hand painted white to match the hour hand or try and get a white hand from Doxa.
    Does anyone know if they would supply a white hand? Other than that and the previously mentioned bezel paint loss which doesn't bother me at all, I'm really pleased with this 750 and it's exactly what I was looking for. I don't think the Tuna or the Sub will get much wear after this

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: New to me 750t update

Quote Originally Posted by nobbylon View Post
    I do however have one irritation and that is the orange hand! For others I'm sure it's fine but with my eyesight in dim light I lose the orange against the black so the minute hand becomes the same size as the hour hand! No problem at all in good light and then I really like the orange hand.
    I will keep my eyes open for a whiteshark 750 however I think the easiest solution is to get the minute hand painted white to match the hour hand or try and get a white hand from Doxa.
    Does anyone know if they would supply a white hand? Other than that and the previously mentioned bezel paint loss which doesn't bother me at all, I'm really pleased with this 750 and it's exactly what I was looking for. I don't think the Tuna or the Sub will get much wear after this
    John, I know exactly what you mean about the orange hand. The same thing happens underwater, with loss of the color spectrum, the deeper one goes. I experienced that with my 750T COSC Caribbean, so when I went looking for a Sharkhunter, I stayed vigilant until I found my Whiteshark.

The Whiteshark was the result of the first, fifty 750T Sharkhunters made. It wasn't a planned limited edition, it's just that when DOXA ran out of white hands, they switched to orange because they thought it would be a more popular seller. It's doubtful they have any left, and I don't know of another model that used the same white minute hand, so you might be out of luck getting one from DOXA. Having one painted is definitely an option, but if you ever sell it, you'd need to let the seller know it isn't an original Whiteshark. The Whiteys have become quite collectible, so if a buyer found out later that it wasn't original, eventhough you didn't intend to mislead, they could cause a headache for you later.

Glad you're still liking it, and like you, my Rolex do not see much wear these days either.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Banned

I got an email back from Doxa advising that no white hands left so at some point I will have it painted but it wont happen until I get it serviced. It's a shame as it is the only thing that I think could make this watch perfect for me. As I won't be selling it really doesn't matter that I get the hand painted.
    Last edited by nobbylon; July 9th, 2013 at 23:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nobbylon View Post
    at some point I will have it painted
    Jack Alexyon at IWW is good at that.

Banned

thanks David.

Banned

-21 secs in the last 7 days. For a standard grade 2824 I'd say that was good enough for me.

Thread Information