New member...

Thread: New member...

DJG

New member...

Dear All,

I am completely new to both this forum and Doxa watches. I very much like the 1000T and Searambler. My question is, are Doxa likely to introduce a 1000T Searambler COSC, as this would be my perfect combination.
    I lover the true retro-styling of these divers and can see me getting more into this brand.

I would also like to say I contacted Doxa recently and received excellent, attentive service from a sales co-ordinator called Laura. My experience made me much more likely to purchase a Doxa Sub, even though they are not available in the UK via a distributor.

Cheers
    David

DMB
    Banned

Re: New member...

It's very doubtful, however there is a 750 Searambler on the Sales Forum right now. - David

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Hi David, and Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

As to the 1000T Searambler, there certainly seems to be a demand here. But only 100 or so sold in 750T configuration, so I wouldn't get my hopes too high. I guess only time will tell. But if enough folks keep asking for it, hopefully Doxa will produce one .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there David and thank you for joining us!

T-Bone and some of the other folks have given some really good feedback but let me answer as best I can - at the present moment we do not have a Searambler in ANY configuration of the current collections.

Will we ever have a Searambler again - particularly in the COSC version for a 1000T? Again, to refer back to previous comments - there are a group of folks who would really like to see a Searambler - however as was also pointed out for whatever reason the Searambler did not have "mass appeal". We did sell out the run of the 750T Searamblers earlier this year. Please don't misunderstand - the Searambler is a beautiful watch and deserving of the following it has! So the short answer right now is that we do not have a Searambler available at this time.

It is a great opportunity though to talk about "what makes a DOXA a DOXA" -

Retro - For many folks it is the retro-styling of the cushion style case with the beads of rice bracelet - this had been a standard style element in the 600T, 750T and presently the 1000T. And even the newest member of the DOXA Fleed - the 5000T Class takes many of its design elements from the DNA of the original DOXA of 1967.

Orange - well for many of us - myself included - Orange says DOXA. World's first Orange faced dive watch. This is echoed in our current advertising campaign - The Inventors of Orange.

History - the DOXA SUB for only being 41 years old has a rich history of noteable divers. A certain French ocean explorer - what was his name...first initial J, last name started with a C..., and several of the crew on board the Calypso. We also produced the first commercially available diving watch (i.e. on sale to the general public) with an HRV.
    In fact, last week I was in Las Vegas to help launch our newest (and very limited) DOXA SUB - the Project AWARE DOXA SUB at the DEMA Show.

The DEMA show is for many in the commercial diving world the most important convention/event of the year. I must have met at least fifty people who all had older DOXA watches from the 60's and 70's. One gentleman showed me his US Divers SUB and when I told him what watches like that were selling for his eyes nearly popped out of his head! In addition, I must have met an equally large group of Clive Cussler/Dirk Pitt fans. For many of them, the idea that DOXA was a real watch was quite a revelation and I suspect we will have even more members joining the DOXA Forum in the coming weeks!

Please enjoy your visits to the DOXA Forum and we look forward to hearing more from you!

James

on behalf of the Inventors of Orange -
    DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Dear All,

I am completely new to both this forum and Doxa watches. I very much like the 1000T and Searambler. My question is, are Doxa likely to introduce a 1000T Searambler COSC, as this would be my perfect combination.
    I lover the true retro-styling of these divers and can see me getting more into this brand.

I would also like to say I contacted Doxa recently and received excellent, attentive service from a sales co-ordinator called Laura. My experience made me much more likely to purchase a Doxa Sub, even though they are not available in the UK via a distributor.

Cheers
    David

DJG

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. Searambler apart, I lean towards the professional (orange). It's in keeping with the brands history and that is very important in my opinion. Some of the larger, more illustrious Swiss watch houses could learn a thing or two from Doxa in that respect.

David

If you like the look of the SR, you can get fantastic deals on a 750t second hand. I've seen a few that look perfect. Even though its larger than the 1000t, it wears nice and comfortable.

Good luck.

Thread Information