New Member question - availability of Doxas in Australia?

Thread: New Member question - availability of Doxas in Australia?

New Member question - availability of Doxas in Australia?

Been doing my research for a while and in the market for a Doxa. Any Australians on the forum with advice on availability and practicality of servicing out here?

thanks
    Thomas

Re: New Member question - availability of Doxas in Australia?

Paging GGD, paging GGD...

Welcome and yeah, there are probably a few from the land Down Under but I know one (GGD) particularly.

You'll learn a lot of the nuances and differences of each model here. Anything tickling your fancy?

-luke

Hi, probably a GMT so I keep track of what the family in the UK are up to whilst I am underwater... with the 3rd timezone I'll be able to tell the wife what time it is in her country too....might help her get over the typical 'another watch!' shock!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GGD

G'day Tommy -

welcome to the addictive world of Doxa

I'm in Melbourne and have recently picked up my first..... a 750T Mil / Pro courtesy of roadshadowww (one of the forum members here) and couldn't be happier with it.

Needless to say I haven't had the need for a service yet but I'm sure it won't be an issue. I love the fact that I haven't seen another Doxa 'in the wild' as yet and that they're a bit different to what everyone else is wearing.

Let us know what you decide to get..... you won't be disappointed! And if you have any questions fire an email / PM to Doxa... they're customer service as far as answering questions and offering advice is excellent in my opinion.

Cheers mate!

G'day Thomas,

your purchase options are direct from Doxa or second hand from any of the sales forums or e-bay.

Three of my four Subs I bought direct. Watches were delivered by Fedex within the week, though you will pay GST on the Aust. dollar value and a clearance fee to Fedex.

The Sharky I bought off a seller in the USA. Parcel post, IIRC only attracts Customs if the declared value exceeds $2000 AUD.

As far as servicing goes, well, so far so good. Both 600Ts are out of warranty but running as well as the day I got them.

All in all, the Subs have great style and history as well.
    Cheers, Brett.
    Auricoste Spirotechnique 200M, Bathys Hawaii 100 Fathoms, Catorex SkyDiver 300M, Crux CX-3 1000M
    Doxa Sub 600T Professional, Doxa Sub 600T Sharkhunter, Doxa Sub 1000T Caribbean, Doxa Sub 1000T Divingstar, Doxa Sub 1200T Searambler
    DWATCH Azo Orange Custom 1000M, Marathon SAR 300M, Panerai PAM 000 Base 300M, Oris TT1 Titan 300M, Rado Original Diver 300M

Seiko 6105-8000, Seiko 6105-8110, Seiko 6309-7040, Seiko 7548-700A, Seiko 7548-700B, Seiko 7548-7000
    Seiko 7S26-0350 Orange Monster, Seiko 7S36-00S0 SS 40th Anniversary, Seiko 7S36-01S0 Ti 40th Anniversary, TAG-Heuer Monaco "Steve McQueen"

Great, thanks for the info. Working in an office of rolex seadweller wearing non divers, I'm looking forward to getting a doxa and having them not notice it!

Hey Tommy,
    I have had 5 - 3 new, 2 vintage, but down to 2 now - the 750 GMT Carib and the 750 Shark PVD. Think I'll keep 'em!
    I had an issue with the PVD Shark about 7 or 8 months ago, shipped it back to Doxa at their cost (under warranty) and got it back pretty quickly all perfect. Very happy with service.
    The GST hit is once you go over $1000 I'm pretty sure - bought more than a few watches from OS. Current exchange is obviously a killer.
    The GMT is a great watch - very different look and the 750 case is the most comfy Doxa I've worn. The 5000T was beautifully made but more blingy, but that's not why I let it go - just had to pay for something else!
    There are a few of us around here - but you won't see one I'll bet!
    Dave

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

to repeat - several customers in Australia - but you will clearly be part of an elite group!

DOXA

I used to own a few Doxa's; have the contacts for service in Sydney if you need them rather than sending back for service.
    Cheers
    Peter D

ORIS DIVER SMALL SECOND S/S
    BREITLING SEAWOLF AVENGER
    S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20
    CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE DEPTH METER CHRONOGRAPH

CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II
    CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II (my first diver)

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

G'Day Tommy. And Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

As to servicing needs, Doxa is quite good at the "fix and return" sort of thing. Of course they're all ETA based movements too, so if brand specific parts aren't needed (hands, dial, crown etc.) any competent watchmaker should be able to handle any nec. repairs if that's your preference (make sure to pressure test the watch prior to heading back out to the Great Barrier Reef then ).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information