New Member...sort of

Thread: New Member...sort of

New Member...sort of

I've been around for a while now. I hang around the Seiko forum (I own an SKX007 Diver), the Omega forum (working towards a Speedmaster though shamefully haven't introduced myself there yet), and lately have been hanging around here. Silently looking at all the pics posted of your wonderful Doxas.

After all that staring and drooling, I want one. I really do.
    I love dive watches, and the Doxa has grabbed my attention and has held it fast.

Now I am going to divert funds from the Speedmaster savings to the GottaGetaDoxa fund.

I've been bouncing back and forth between the 750T Sharkhunter and the 1000T Pro. Hopefully once the fund is filled (soon!) I will have made up my mind... (yeah right)
    "I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time" - Jack London - James Bond

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

Re: New Member...sort of

Welcome .... You know that you are going to end up with both of those Doxa's right ..... I mean just look at us .... hahahaha You can't just have one!!

So the real question is which one do you get first .... I like the 750 size best, but I also like the Pro best of the colors .... So it will be interesting to see which one ya get. You're going to love it which ever way you go.

Again welcome and do let us know.
    John M.

"You know that you are going to end up with both of those Doxa's right"
    Sigh...I know
    I like to think I have the power of choice.

And thanks for the welcome!
    "I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time" - Jack London - James Bond

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

Yes, many of us find it difficult to stop at just one. When I started craving a Doxa, I was certain one would be enough. An orange 750T Professional was my quest. I am wearing it now. But several months later, I succumbed to the desire for a Sharkhunter. Then, just before an extended overseas trip, I purchased the newly released Divingststar GMT. On returning, within two days I ordered the Military Sharkhunter I'd been craving.... then the vintage 300T just called out. But all I really wanted was one. Really.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

And now the GMT is on sale!
    I wish I had an easier hobby, like say crack or faberge eggs...

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

GGD

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewatchfiend View Post
    I wish I had an easier hobby, like say crack or faberge eggs...
    Welcome mate... and good luck battling your addiction. You might want to start practicing this...

My name is Vintage Watch Fiend and it's been XX days since I bought my last DOXA.....

Thanks! I'll give that one a try!

I actually have NO idea why I chose vintagewatchfiend as a screen name.
    I mean I dig vintage anything, but not isolated to watches.
    I do own a WWII pilot watch worn by an aviator in the Pacific Theatre (I can't for the life of me remember the brand of watch), but that's my only vintage watch.

I have a 7" wrist (which surprised the hell out of me as I thought it was smaller) so I do hope the Sharkhunter size will be OK (should I go with it).

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

HI VWF, welcome! First off, that's a great wish list...every one is a cool watch. I particularly like Omega.

Secondly, I have a 6.5 inch wrist , have the Sharkhunter you're considering, and it's no problem at all. For me, the key factor is lug to lug measurements ( vertical length top to bottom). Compared to most big divers, the 750 line has relatively short lug to lug at around 48MM. Where Doxas are a little unusual are the wider case size...but seeing that you're into doxas, that shouldn't be a problem. Bottom line? the 750s wear smaller than most 44MM diameter watches. And I bet plenty of people with 7 inch wrists wear their 750s loud and proud!

good luck with your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewatchfiend View Post
    Thanks! I'll give that one a try!

I actually have NO idea why I chose vintagewatchfiend as a screen name.
    I mean I dig vintage anything, but not isolated to watches.
    I do own a WWII pilot watch worn by an aviator in the Pacific Theatre (I can't for the life of me remember the brand of watch), but that's my only vintage watch.

I have a 7" wrist (which surprised the hell out of me as I thought it was smaller) so I do hope the Sharkhunter size will be OK (should I go with it).
    --AC

That's great news! Thanks very much for the info :)

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

Man, that GMT is looking mighty tempting too...

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

Thread Information