New/Old Doxa came in the mail today!

Thread: New/Old Doxa came in the mail today!

New/Old Doxa came in the mail today!

I ventured out into the cold and snow to check the mailbox and my new Doxa had arrived! Well, make that "old" Doxa. I think this is a 1970's vintage. It's in perfect shape and has been keeping great time for the past few hours. The band wasn't original and didn't fit my wrist, so I threw on this Doxa rubber strap for pics. I think it will look better with a quality black leather band. Maybe I can find one with silver stitching! My Doxa collection is growing. Just one Sub (so far) but I do like the brand alot!

I got this one for $82 shipped to my door. I think that's pretty good for an incabloc, antimagnetic, automatic Doxa. I have seen this particular model with the horizontal silver accented face before on Ebay and I liked how they look. I like the stylized 12, 3, 6 and 9 too. But they always went for alot more money.

Here's the pics, what do you all think?

Last edited by Steve Tracy; December 10th, 2007 at 22:23.

Re: New/Old Doxa came in the mail today!

Very nice Mr. T.

I (outside of a 750T pro) have a watch like the one on the right as NOS and a very used but still working one like the one second from the left.

I must say you have a very rounded collection and very nice one at that.

buck

Nice catch Steve!! What a bargain too. I really like it. So far, I just have subs, but I REALLY like how you have gotten some dressy-type watches as well. I want to snag one of those painted-dial pocketwatches. One of those is on my horizon.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I want to snag one of those painted-dial pocketwatches.

I've always wondered how many guys actually have one in their stash, and aren't saying, lol. I agree, maybe next year...
    DW

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Steve,

Nice "dresser". I really like some of the vintage dress watches. Problem is, I don't find myself dressing up that often.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Hi Steve,
    Congratulations on your non-diver's Doxa's. The prices for these watches are really ridiculous low if one considers its quality. Watches of the same era made by IWC, JLC, Omega and Longines fetch much better prices although they have the same quality and look.
    I wonder, if Doxa will be more known in the future, because of its divers, whether these vintages will go up as well.
    Regards,
    Adrian.

Thanks Adrian! I think you're right and actually I think they've already gone up since 2002. I used to see non-Sub Doxa watches selling on Ebay for well under $50. Several like this one sold for $100-$150 during the past year. I just sort of lucked onto this one and it didn't go too high! I ordered a black leather band with a silver buckle for it. I'll post pics when I get it in. The rubber Doxa dive strap was fun to throw on but it doesn't do the watch justice. -Steve

Thread Information