A New SUB, and DOXA Needs Your Help!

View Poll Results: How do you like your SUB?

Voters
144. This poll is closed
  • 44 mm case without HRV

37 25.69%
  • 44 mm case with HRV

46 31.94%
  • 42 mm case without HRV

31 21.53%
  • 42 mm case with HRV

30 20.83%
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: A New SUB, and DOXA Needs Your Help!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

A New SUB, and DOXA Needs Your Help!

Ok guys, I spoke to DOXA, and they need your help...they're considering a new, ultimate classic SUB. Yes, there will still be chronographs, GMTs, power reserves, titanium, tritium tubes, and sapphire bezels, but that is not what this model is about. This model is about a SUB, that will represent everything that is timeless and classic about the SUB we've grown to love.

So with that said, here is what DOXA wants to know from you: When you think of a timeless classic SUB, would you want to see this model made with a 44mm case size, similar to a 750T; or would you rather have it in a 42mm size, similar to the 1200T? Also, what are your thoughts on the HRV? Should a tried and true, classic SUB have an HRV, or should it be made without?

Once again, DOXA is looking to you for the future of the SUB...so vote in the poll, and let your thoughts be heard.
    mondrayuk likes this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: A New SUB, and DOXA Needs Your Help!

42mm seems like a more ultimately "classic" size to me, and the HRV seems like a staple of the Doxa line. And while they're at it, they could make it with a scratch-proof ceramic decompression dive bezel with numbers that won't wear off, and then tell me where to mail the check.
    Uber, Aaron K. and Vlciudoli like this.

In my opinion all depends on what group of people and what use is the target for this ultimate classic SUB. Divers or desk diver that's the question.
    For me, as a diver that intends to use it as a dive watch, a 44mm is a must for increase dial size and under water readability. HRV is a must as well, even thou I hope I'm not gonna be in a decompression chamber ever, as every respectable dive watch these days has one.
    My ultimate classic SUB should have a power reserve sub-dial, as I find it very useful on my 4000T, and, if Doxa wants to have a ultimate classic and a killer watch as well, a sapphire decompression dive bezel with or without lume.
    The bracelet should be a BOR but must have the adjustable clasp from the 4000T. The bracelet from 4000T will do it for me as well but the BOR has the classic look.
    If the above specced watch becomes a reality, just let me know when Doxa will start taking orders so I can put in my deposit/full payment.

Michael
    Last edited by MTJO; May 15th, 2013 at 10:55.
    skin diver and wtsbfan like this.
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I voted 42mm w/HRV. Had there been a bi-compax T-Graph or Turquoise dial option I'd have endorsed those too.

44mm for sure... 44.7mm to be exact. I think it would be highly redundant to produce a 42mm case size considering the 1200T is already available, and in four colors. Other than the 750GMT or the titanium 800T there are no other "classics" available in a 44.7mm size.

The HRV is a must! Say what you will about its limited functionality to recreational divers, the history alone for Doxa as co-developer of the technology with Rolex gives permission to include it in any new classic offered by the company.

I've suggested before: a thicker cased 750T (call it the "850T") would be a winner. The deeper dial would give a nod to the original 300T's and the thicker case would provide enough room to install an HRV. Add a BOR bracelet with a ratcheting clasp... use the 600T dial in classic proportions with minute increments to differentiate it from the 750T dial. Offer all colors with orange minute hands on the Caribbean, Sharkhunter, and of course, the Searambler). Lastly, please consider a T-Graph version as well. Stainless steel please, not titanium.
    Last edited by skin diver; May 15th, 2013 at 11:27.
    ytil, powboyz and wtsbfan like this.

I'm not a diver and own a 1200T Professional. I find the 42mm case size perfect for my 7.5" wrist. For my use the HRV is not an issue. However, for the proposed new Doxa I would think the HRV is a good idea. My vote is always for the 42mm size as opposed to 44mm or larger. Cheers, Bill P.

44mm or larger please! BOR bracelet, with or without HRV.
    powboyz likes this.
    750t Pro 4800/5000
    300t Pro Reissue Seahunter 593/1000

If it isn't a classic size, it isn't a classic sub. 42mm.
    MHe225, dinexus, tfinnan and 1 others like this.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    In my opinion all depends on what group of people and what use is the target for this ultimate classic SUB. Divers or desk diver that's the question.
    For me, as a diver that intends to use it as a dive watch, a 44mm is a must for increase dial size and under water readability. HRV is a must as well, even thou I hope I'm not gonna be in a decompression chamber ever, as every respectable dive watch these days has one.
    My ultimate classic SUB should have a power reserve sub-dial, as I find it very useful on my 4000T, and, if Doxa wants to have a ultimate classic and a killer watch as well, a sapphire decompression dive bezel with or without lume.
    The bracelet should be a BOR but must have the adjustable clasp from the 4000T. The bracelet from 4000T will do it for me as well but the BOR has the classic look.
    If the above specced watch becomes a reality, just let me know when Doxa will start taking orders so I can put in my deposit/full payment.

Michael
    Ditto to what Michael said but No need for the extra cost of the HRV. Keep the price down and leave the HRV out. Love to see it in Turquoise Dial also. 44mm or larger!

Hi, this poll is too short and specific so, I would like to add some more features:

1. 44.7 mm and not less.
    2. HRV is must because of the Doxa history and the toy that we needÖ
    3. BOR bracelet but, absolutely improved by making it thicker and with micro
    adjustment, on top of the suit adjustment of course.
    4. Thicker case at least 16 mm.
    5. I donít like the back side of the case on the edges that by some reason it is not
    filled up with the stainless steel material, makes it cheap and not as robust as it
    should be. I think it should be filled even if it weighs a bit more.
    6. Rubber straps are so cheap and not professional to my opinion, must get improved
    and leave out the lifting elements on the bases, I donít like it.
    7. Impressive depth durability, not less than 1500m, Iíll be happy to see 2000 or 3000m
    on my watch even if Iíll never be there, many others are doing it already.
    8. I like the bezel as is, donít need the ceramic fashion.

Thatís it for now, I have more but keeps it for later,
    do not mistake I love this brand!
    Yuval

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information