Newbie from Alaska!

Thread: Newbie from Alaska!

Newbie from Alaska!

Greetings gents, a newbie from the Frozen North here.

I've been collecting vintage dive watches for years, and I've recently caught the Doxa bug bad. I've read quite a bit here, and have just a couple of questions: I saw a model with an HEV at the 9:00 case side... what was it? The valve looked a lot bigger than on other brands I've seen.

So far I've found one Doxa model with a plexi/acrylic domed crystal. Are there others? I love the look of the 1000T but wish it had a bit higher dome.

Thanks for the great site you have here!

Last edited by nanuq; October 9th, 2008 at 20:56. Reason: Gotta add some eyecandy

Re: Newbie from Alaska!

Quote Originally Posted by nanuq View Post
    ...I saw a model with an HEV at the 9:00 case side... what was it? The valve looked a lot bigger than on other brands I've seen.
    Welcome to the Forum and the wonderful World of Doxa!

There were two HEV Doxas produced. The first one was made in the early 1970s and was called the Conquistador. The second one came out last year and is called the 5000T Seaconqueror. You can find the 5000T for sale on Doxa's web site above.

Thank you sir! I don't think I could own a watch newer than the 70s (gritting my teeth here) so the 5000T is out. Plus I like the non-centered look of the earlier dials and an Aqualung logo is a big plus for me. Looks like the HEV and logo aren't going to come together.

Man, I want to post up more eyecandy but as this is a Doxa forum... I think I'll hold back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Hi Nanuq, Welcome to the Doxa Forum! Lots of eye candy throughout the site (and it's not all Doxa's ). Have a look around, and yes, we're mostly watch addicts, and certainly don't mind pics of the occasional "non" Doxa .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Welcome!

DOXA

Well thank you sirs! I appreciate the effort you put into making a great forum. I'm refining my search here, and think I'm settling down on a 300 or 300T. I love high domed acrylic crystals, and it's gotta have an orange dial. Is there a chance (please please please) that the Conquistador was also orange?

If it's okay to post the occasional non-Doxa photo, here's one I took recently at midnight of my favorite watch. Being at northern latitudes, the sun is still up at midnight.

Enjoy!

^^ You have definitely set your sights high if you are in search of a 300 "no T". The Professional (orange) are quite rare, and VERY expensive if they come up for sale. Beautiful watches though, and CLASSIC.

Good luck in your quest.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanuq View Post
    Man, I want to post up more eyecandy but as this is a Doxa forum... I think I'll hold back.
    I say let 'em fly, but if you don't feel comfortable posting them here...we'll surely welcome them over on the Dive Watch Forum.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I say let 'em fly, but if you don't feel comfortable posting them here...we'll surely welcome them over on the Dive Watch Forum.
    Hey, no poaching our pic posters!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information