newbie, some advice please

Thread: newbie, some advice please

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

newbie, some advice please

Hi everyone, i always thought i loved watches until i came across this site, some of you are obsessed, my problem is as much as i love watches i only want one decent watch at a time, as i dont like making the decision of what to wear then get a bit sad thinking of the other watches sat at home not doing anything, i ve always worn watches since my first snoopy one at the age of about 5 then from about 8 to 16 i had about 10 swatch watches, then one of the 1st nike ones when they 1st came out and i thought they were cool, then at the age of 20 i had a bit of spare cash so i bought a Raymond Weil W1, then realised i loved expensive watches so saved up for an Omega seamaster when i saw it on goldeneye, then after wearing that for 5 years bought a Tag monaco, wasnt a massive lover of that so wanted another divers watch which im on now for the past 3 years a Tag Aquaracer automatic, in between ive also had a tissot t touch and a g shock mudman but keep taking them off cause i dont feel comfortable in a leeser watch im sorry if that sounds vain but i ve worked hard and apart from the car you drive a watch is the only other way people can see that your doing well thats not the reason i like expensive watches i put that down to having owned some i dont think you can go back to run of the mill when you have owned a decent watch, also i try to trade my watches in or sell them before i get a new one, well im due a change so my first chioice was an omega planet ocean or Breitling avenger seawolf, but now i ve come accross these Doxa watches which i ll be honest i ve never heard of being from the UK i have never seen these in any jewelers, sorry to bore with my life story, but my questions are,

if im buying from the uk what will i pay compared to what the price states on the doxa site in dollars. for instace for a $2000 watch will i pay £1000

can i get the watch serviced in the uk or do i have to send it off to switzerland.

and finally can i still order the 800TI at the reduced price or have all these been bought my other choice would be one of the black military ones,

if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated, cheers.

Re: newbie, some advice please

You pay by Credit Card on Doxa's website and you will then be charged in US dollars. Your Credit Card company will do an exchange rate conversion into pounds, which will appear on your bill. You can find approximate dollar-> pound conversion rates at xe.com, 1 UK pound is about US$1.54 as I write this.

You may then have to pay import duty on the watch when it enters the UK. This varies - other UK members might be able to advise.

The 800TI is available at the reduced price until end Dec 2008 from memory.

Hope this helps and ... if I may politely say ... the hunt can be as fun as the owning. As you only want one watch perhaps s l o w d o w n a little and enjoy finding something you'll like for a long time ?

TT

also how do i buy the 800TI it isnt on the Doxa website?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

From a post a little earlier :

To order this new DOXA SUB, please use this link:

https://www.doxasub.com/Order/order.aspx?ID=145

Or call us at:
    (877) 255 - 5017

Recommend browsing the existing threads for a while. You might also try the Live Chat from the Doxa website. Very helpful.

TT

Mr.Law, first off welcome to the forum

Secondly, you WILL get import tax added, the watch comes by Fedex and they always catch it, so add on 17.5% for VAT plus another £7 or so for a handling fee. Fedex will either call you before releasing it for delivery to collect the tax via credit card, or may dispatch it but you'll get an invoice demand a week or so after watch arrival.

EDIT - At today's exchange, the USD$1890 watch arrived in the UK will total approx. GB£1470.

Bit of a bugger but not much can be done about it i'm afraid.

Otherwise the dispatch system is very good, Doxa will email to confirm the order and give a Fedex tracking number, you can then follow the parcel step by step till it arrives 2-3 days later.
    Last edited by GraniteQuarry; November 12th, 2008 at 16:00. Reason: Pricing added

With all due respect, this is one of the saddest and pretentious statements I've ever seen on WUS:

Quote Originally Posted by Law4778 View Post
    apart from the car you drive a watch is the only other way people can see that your doing well
    Strikes me that re-organizing your priorities in life will do a lot more for you than forking over another few thousand bucks on a watch. Hate to tell you, but almost no one notices the watch you are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1016 View Post
    With all due respect, this is one of the saddest and pretentious statements I've ever seen on WUS:

Strikes me that re-organizing your priorities in life will do a lot more for you than forking over another few thousand bucks on a watch. Hate to tell you, but almost no one notices the watch you are wearing.

no need to get personal im far from pretentious, ok i forgot to mention my house but not many people see that apart from friends and family, so can you tell me apart from expensive watches being well made and looking good what other reasons is there to wear one why not just wear a cheap digital one, i dont know what watches you own but if you do wear expensive ones there is no way you can tell me that you dont love it when someone notices your watch, because they do notice them saying that i depends what circles you move in or weather or not you have any friends.

Let's not start aggro gentlemen...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but handbag fisticuffs is not what we like to see here.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1016 View Post

Hi everyone - let's remember one of our guiding rules for participation here:

"We ask that you Post with respect for all players - the moderator, operator and administrator of the forum, fellow forum members and DOXA Watches LTD as a manufacturer and a forum member as well."
    :thanks

DOXA

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Let's not start aggro gentlemen...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but handbag fisticuffs is not what we like to see here.

Right you are David, and thanks for the post!

Gentlemen, you are both new to the Doxa Forum. I'd like to welcome you both, and ask that you consider your comments in posting. Please keep in mind that everyone is different, we all have our own opinions and personalities. Please post in a manner which is considerate and respectful of other members, and let's keep the focus on watches.

Your cooperation and participation is appreciated!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information