No 78 arrived in UK!!

Thread: No 78 arrived in UK!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No 78 arrived in UK!!

... a bit of hassle with Fedex, arrived by road and caused some mix up, ah well, at last it's here and on my wrist-careful, even when using the brilliant little gadget it can still be fiddly excitment levels too high to control myself properly what can I say that others haven't already said.... well, this watch is so gorgeous that I can't believe that someone intended for this to go in 'orrible murky and salty water, too nice for that, another winner DOXA Jut took a few very very speedy snaps as we're off out on the piss! (I'll take proper lit ones tomorrow once sober!)
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers
    Mark

Re: No 78 arrived in UK!!

That is a real looker!! Be careful, and be sure to show off the new tool
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Kev

Congrats! The 5000T Sharhunter is a stunner!

You pics make me wonder what it would look like in PVD.

Kev.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    ... a bit of hassle with Fedex, arrived by road and caused some mix up, ah well, at last it's here and on my wrist-careful, even when using the brilliant little gadget it can still be fiddly excitment levels too high to control myself properly what can I say that others haven't already said.... well, this watch is so gorgeous that I can't believe that someone intended for this to go in 'orrible murky and salty water, too nice for that, another winner DOXA Jut took a few very very speedy snaps as we're off out on the piss! (I'll take proper lit ones tomorrow once sober!)
    Cheers
    Hey, where'd the hour hand go?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Emgee, great looking watch, enjoy it!
    ...we're off out on the piss!
    I presume that's a British euphemism for "goin' drinkin'". If not? Well, Idonwannaknow~!
    Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Hey, where'd the hour hand go?
    It's right there at 10:00 , can't you see the lume?

That's why I don't think of it as such a big deal (polished hands) as the bit of lume on the hand always makes it stand out even when the hands "black out". Man, if you think this one's bad, you oughtta try reading my Certina reissue when the hands go "chameleon" (just a tiny bit'o lume on the hour hand ). Love it anyway!

Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

T-Bone, you are correct.

Out on the piss does mean going out drinking.

There's not much else to do on our little island with s * * *ty weather.

I'm in Florida though, and just about managing the 70+ degree temperatures.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    It's right there at 10:00 , can't you see the lume?

That's why I don't think of it as such a big deal (polished hands) as the bit of lume on the hand always makes it stand out even when the hands "black out". Man, if you think this one's bad, you oughtta try reading my Certina reissue when the hands go "chameleon" (just a tiny bit'o lume on the hour hand ). Love it anyway!
    10:00 huh? Oh I see it now.....I thought that was one of the indices that had rattled loose.

Having the lume does help, but try reading a two minute deco stop through a mask that's wanting to fog. Especially if you have to keep looking away from your watch, to make sure that you're still holding the proper depth. That's when "blacked out" hands become a whole different ballgame.

Nice Certina, BTW
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

a few more pics (oh, my head!, anyone got any Anadin? (Tylenol))

I've also included one of the little bracelet adjusting tool. the only thing I'm not sure on yet is the way the clasp closes, I think I prefer the rice bead fliplock style, just seemed more secure to me, other than that what a great watch, this is going to be hard to take off!!
    Off for a lie down now, wake me up when it's all over.
    cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers
    Mark

Can you let me know how much the final price was in the UK please (after tax).

Also, where about's are you, if close to London I would love to see the 5000t in person, I am seriously thinking about getting one of these but am concerned about my 6.5 inch wrist size.

Thanks
    David (London, UK)

Quote Originally Posted by djharte View Post
    Can you let me know how much the final price was in the UK please (after tax).

Also, where about's are you, if close to London I would love to see the 5000t in person, I am seriously thinking about getting one of these but am concerned about my 6.5 inch wrist size.

Thanks
    David (London, UK)
    hi David, I'm in Derby. Though I do get down to the smoke with work quite regularly. Not had the bill through from Fedex yet but at a guess, around the £1,100 mark. at least the £/$ ratio helps at the minute!
    Cheers
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information