Nothing new from Doxa at Baselworld?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Nothing new from Doxa at Baselworld?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nothing new from Doxa at Baselworld?

Followed a few Instagram feeds that (including Ernie's WUS account) spent time with Doxa at Basel, but seemingly nothing new to report. What gives

Banned

Re: Nothing new from Doxa at Baselworld?

Good question and there are many that are eager to await answers - with 6 Doxa Subs currently in my collection, I do not want to go bankrupt and/or be hit with a notice of divorce proceedings by increasing that especially by adding a new model - LOL!

Sponsor

Looked in on the Doxa stand at Basel and there was more options in the "Fashion Ladies" variety from Doxa than the traditional "Dive Watch" from were they originate and belong.

Not too sure I see Doxa as a Fashion Brand to be honest, wrong move from where I stand.
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"

http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There were a few things announced. You can check them out in the online catalog: DOXA SA - Online Catalogue BASELWORLD 2013

Some on-the-nose nautical themed ladies watches, some titanium and carbon fiber fashion watches, and this:
    Name:  201304191340401_zps2aa5bf0b.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  95.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by estrickland View Post

Name:  201304191340401_zps2aa5bf0b.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  95.1 KB
    Yeah, I saw the Ceramica, but wasn't this released two or three years ago for Asian-only markets? Did it get a global release?

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    Yeah, I saw the Ceramica, but wasn't this released two or three years ago for Asian-only markets? Did it get a global release?
    This one is 45mm, where the one released a few years back was 43mm. Still only available in Asian markets.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Watches like these are a huge mistake for DOXA. Let someone else pump these out. Doxa watches are for the purist, please do not dilute the brand with these generic watches. Major disappointment, dive watches are all going retro and THE retro dive watch is going fashion?!?!?!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry G Dounis View Post
    Watches like these are a huge mistake for DOXA. Let someone else pump these out. Doxa watches are for the purist, please do not dilute the brand with these generic watches. Major disappointment, dive watches are all going retro and THE retro dive watch is going fashion?!?!?!
    I guess you didn't read my post where I said these were made for the Asian markets, and that's exactly why DOXA doesn't release these for the West...because of comments like yours. DOXA sells a huge amount of these "mistakes" in Asia, and Eastern Europe...far more than any Sub sold in the US. It's because of their strong presence in the East, that we get to enjoy our retro Subs in the West.
    Last edited by subkrawler; May 1st, 2013 at 05:18.
    cestommek and clonetrooper like this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I like this new Doxa. Quartz, Rotating Bezel, Tach = Affordable. I'll have to try it on when I visit Switzerland this Fall. That is, if they offer it in their home country.
    http://www.doxa.ch/WD140AWP/WD140Awp...SYNC_871996453
    Name:  PHOTO1L.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  33.5 KB
    Last edited by Brian B; May 2nd, 2013 at 02:46.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    This one is 45mm, where the one released a few years back was 43mm. Still only available in Asian markets.
    haha wow — 45mm? Even worse. Guess I'll stick with putting pennies in a jar for a 1200T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information