Off Wrist Position to Lose Time

Thread: Off Wrist Position to Lose Time

Off Wrist Position to Lose Time

What is the best way to position my 1200T, when its off my wrist, to lose time? It's currently running about +18 per day and I would like to compensate this during the night. The watch is less than a week old and I assume it will settle down a bit.

Thanks,
    Sal

Re: Off Wrist Position to Lose Time

Dial up usually helps a watch gain a few seconds over the night, but other brands vary if you want to slow it down. For example, a Seiko will gain in the crown down position, but a Rolex will lose. I put my 43 years old Doxa in the crown right position overnight and she stops altogether. Hmmmmm, time for a service!

Experiment and see what works for you.

I hope this helps!

Re: Off Wrist Position to Lose Time

I think crown down slows, but I agree with Nanuq, experiment around with several different positions and see what you get.

Good luck
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Settle down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal16610 View Post
    The watch is less than a week old and I assume it will settle down a bit.
    I've never understood the "settling down" theory. Doesn't a watch company adjust the watch to be accurate during final quality assurance checks? I can't imagine they'd ship out a watch that was running +18 and call it good, unless they told the buyer that it should settle into an accurate range after X days or weeks.

I understand that watches change their characteristics after being worn, but mine (DOXAs included) have always arrived running pretty accurately.

+18 seems a bit high and you might want to have it adjusted.

Please note, this is not a commentary about DOXA but rather a question I've long had about settling down. My DOXAs have been some of the most accurate watches I've had.

Thread Information