OK OK it's Not a Doxa BUT a NOS Seiko 6309
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: OK OK it's Not a Doxa BUT a NOS Seiko 6309

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK OK it's Not a Doxa BUT a NOS Seiko 6309

Here is a nice NOS never been touched 6309-7049 it has been in a store that closed down. It was made in Sept of 1981 and brings back sooo many memories I was only 15 when she was made, she runs a little fast and past a pressure test to 150 meters, I want to get some pics of her next to my 1980's vintage NOS dive gear. I know it's not a Doxa but a killer vintage dive watch for sure. Thanks Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images

longstride likes this.

Re: OK OK it's Not a Doxa BUT a NOS Seiko 6309

Congrats!!! Welcome to "Club NOS" gotta love a NOS vintage diver
    That is an excellent find, wear it in good health. I too have a NOS 6309-7049 and I love it.

Cheers
    Shannon

longstride likes this.

Thanks yours looks very sweet too. The 6309 is pretty hard to kill no matter what you do to it. Ed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats. Only thing that would have been better is to find a NOS Synchron Doxa in a Scuba store that closed down. One question...........I see vintage Seikos similar to this one posted from time to time in various forums..........Is the reason that they are so highly sought-after because it is vintage?? Because to me..........It looks SOOO similar to a SKX007 that I probably wouldn't notice the diferences if they were side by side.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Those 6309s are pretty legendary in some circles, and are true classics IMO. Very collectible pieces. Congrats on finding a NOS piece!
    Some watches...

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I see vintage Seikos similar to this one posted from time to time in various forums..........Is the reason that they are so highly sought-after because it is vintage?? Because to me..........It looks SOOO similar to a SKX007 that I probably wouldn't notice the diferences if they were side by side.
    I think you're right - it's because they're vintage and thus more rare than the SKX007s, which are everywhere. Also they are just a classic, essential part of Seiko's diver history.

The 6309-7049 is noticeably "puffier" than the SKX007. I think the bezel is a bit taller too, and of course there is a different movement.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Sweet find A very desirable watch, and quite rare in NOS!

For Jason, these and other variants/models are the Ancestors of the SKX-007, and are the reason that series is so popular now. While the differences in appearance are subtle, if you look closely, this model has very pleasing lines, a real classic look when compared to the more modern watch. Hard won reputation for robustness and reliability. Traits that carried over to the venerable SKX-007 (my Yao version has been to he!! and back, buried alive, severely beaten, and still performs admirably every time!).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Absolute classic. Here's mine on an Orange Monster bracelet. used a couple of plastic shims to make up for the wider lugs.

Did you read this.......

http://www.doxa300t.com/6309shark/6309shark.htm

Pete
    longstride likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Is the reason that they are so highly sought-after because it is vintage?
    Lots of dive watch history and dna in the Seiko line, starting with the 62 MAS and then the 6105 line, the 6309 line and then the MM 300 and SKX line. One of my grails is the 6159.
    I love the old school 6309's, still have one and wear it regularly: it's been modded a bit :) That big cushion case is just awesome.
    DW

The 6309 is an absolute legend in the world of military provenance. Although never "officially" issued, during the 1980's they were the favorite of SF groups and service men in general. By that time Rolex had priced themselves out of reach for the average Joe, and Seiko had made a name for itself in Vietnam. There are very few watches that have earned the respect of so many groups (divers, soldiers, etc.)

Someday, I REALLY want to find one that I can get restored to dive status!
    longstride likes this.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information