One for the Ladies

Thread: One for the Ladies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

One for the Ladies

I understand Doxa have in the past sold ladies dive watches , the Carolina and possibly other varriations. Does anyone know of these models, and could enlighten myself and I exspect others, with details?
    Does Doxa intend to reissue these or build a ladies model in the near future? I'm sure it would be a major hit, not many manufacturers sell decent ladies divers.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: One for the Ladies

They made the Coralline, the Nymph, the Seamaid and I think others. These were smaller Subs, and several members have expressed their desire that Doxa reissue one.

At Basel Fair this year, Doxa previewed a women's SUB 1000T with a pink (or was it MOP?) dial and a bezel festooned with diamonds. It was a hit at the fair, but received mixed reviews here (naturally, the purists felt it was too big and too bling). But larger watches for women are "in", and it or a variation would probably sell.

As to the smaller case, though there is interest here and elsewhere, I'm not sure the interest is enough to entice Doxa to make a major investment to produce the parts for such a watch. They've certainly given us no encouragement on that front.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thanks for the imput T-Bone, reissuie's keeping the vintage look would be very inkeeping Doxa models as they have done for the past few years very successfully, if enough interest is shown perhaps something may come from this thread?
    The Carolina is an atractive watch, my wife would like one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    They made the Coralline, the Nymph, the Seamaid and I think others. These were smaller Subs, and several members have expressed their desire that Doxa reissue one.

At Basel Fair this year, Doxa previewed a women's SUB 1000T with a pink (or was it MOP?) dial and a bezel festooned with diamonds. It was a hit at the fair, but received mixed reviews here (naturally, the purists felt it was too big and too bling). But larger watches for women are "in", and it or a variation would probably sell.

As to the smaller case, though there is interest here and elsewhere, I'm not sure the interest is enough to entice Doxa to make a major investment to produce the parts for such a watch. They've certainly given us no encouragement on that front.
    Well with a venture into the Retail market-place, they better gear up some automatic ladies models. It's a good bet that they could really make some money if they do it. For instance, I know my wife would LOVE a ladies Rolex dive watch, however the only thing close is a Yachtmaster. She wants a 'hers' to my Sea Dweller, or at least a 'hers' Submariner. I know a LOT of couples buy his and hers dive watches. Automatics are scarce in his and hers. Doxa would be filling a market which nobody else seems to be doing in the retail arena.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Baume & Mercier Capeland S XXL, 3300ft/1000m
    Zinex Trimix, 6600ft/2000m
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, 3300ft/1000m
    Tissot Seastar 1000, 1000ft/300m
    Seiko Land Monster 660ft/200m
    Seiko "pepsi", 660ft/200m
    Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Tkite,
    I absolutely agree with you. I believe that it would be a really wise decision on the part of Doxa to offer a line of women's watches. after all don't women make more than 50% of all the important household purchases? They certainly control more than 50% of the household finances!! Women today, are more than ever likely to go into a store and buy a watch or piece of jewelry for themselves. Put it on their own credit card as a present to themselves.
    Most major brands, Rolex and Panerai being the exceptions that I can recall, have one or more women's size Dive or "pseudo' dive watches in their lineup.
    Arthur
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Hi guys!!! I'm very new here but have been reading most of the threads.

I agree with the guys saying that there are'nt much ladies diver watches, especially in the Automatic divers side. Ladies of this day and age would like equal rights, roles, and activities.

Our wives would like to have a his and hers of whatever watch we buy right???

Would'nt also hurt to buy her a ladies 5000T Pro after you've bought your 5000T for yourself right? hehehe She might not even bug you for buying another DOXA hehehe

Cheers :)

xno

I agree Perrinhj, TKite, I've been holding out for years on getting my wife a mechanical watch hoping DOXA will eventually fill this niche that I believe is large enough that it would be profitable. She does have a couple Quartz watches and wears one every day.

A slightly smaller version than the 600T, with an automatic movt, and I'll jump all over it.

I just bought a Ladies / boys Tudor Mini Sub 200 for my daughter, Katie. A nice modern ladies Doxa would have been perfect but since there aren't any I looked around and found the Tudor. Rolex crown and caseback and looks quite nice.

Steph doesn't like it and now actually prefers the pink and diamonds prototype Doxa seen at basel....my, how her tastes have changed but I think it will suit my daughter very nicely indeed.

Pete

It's nice to see the input , when I started this thread, I was interested to see members opinions, and I haven't been disapointed. As pointed out with a move into retail ladies will be on the other side of the glass looking in at the display, making a smaller/ladies diver can only be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    I just bought a Ladies / boys Tudor Mini Sub 200 for my daughter, Katie. A nice modern ladies Doxa would have been perfect but since there aren't any I looked around and found the Tudor. Rolex crown and caseback and looks quite nice.

Steph doesn't like it and now actually prefers the pink and diamonds prototype Doxa seen at basel....my, how her tastes have changed but I think it will suit my daughter very nicely indeed.

Pete
    Pete ... nice looking watch! But yes I fully agree ... Ladies Doxa is what I have wanted for several years now as you know. I haven't heard back from Rick even though I have tried to get something out of him concerning the watch that was shown at Basel.

John
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; January 24th, 2008 at 16:26.
    John M.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information