Operation update and a very big thanks

Thread: Operation update and a very big thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Operation update and a very big thanks

Guys,

many thanks for the prayers. Well, as you can imagune it wasn't the most fun filled afternoon I've ever had. Prep and surgery ran 1 hour 50 minutes. Turns out I had 3 tears and a detached retina which had left me with about 80% vision. It was a bizzare experience to say the least. The worst part being the injections to freeze the eye. Not only did it freeze the eye muscles but also the motor and sensorey nerves and even the optic nerve. I was blind in that eye for most of the operation and just as the blindness came on it was the weirdest sensation and kaleidoscop experience. I can honestly say I felt very little. I heard the Doc say sutures and pass me the.... a few times but other than that I just lay there and told jokes until he said "stop telling jokes, I'm trying to concentrate". Searaiders... no I didn't tell the "royal martines or hey Luigi joke.....

Before the operation started I asked if I could say a wee prayer but the Doc asked if he could pray for me. He put his hand on my head and said something wonderful. Heck, I even started to cry and washed some of the fluids they had put in out so they had to put more it. It was a really special thing and I thought I was pretty immune to this stuff.

Once again thanks for all your support. I really am staggered at how people have said nice things to me in the posts or emails over the last day. It really made very humble indeed. To be honest with everyone, when I resigned as modferator yesterday, I was going to make one more post, kill my account, take down my Doxa websites and walk away, but the real family spirit of this place left me with a lot more thinking to do. I'll try to sort out my "problem" with Doxa but no matter what happens I'll leave the websites up and keep hanging out. I never really realized that my ramblings were read by people and that in a simple way the book and my reviews touched a lot of people's lives. Probably made you spend a bunch of money as well.

Right that's me. Eye is starting to hurt now but I have a bucket of Vicodin. Back to doc in the morning for patch removal. The rest is up to my body to do the healing. I hope I'm one of the 95% success rate guys.

Oh before I forget. Sorry to see that some of the guys didn't make it out of Cayman. Man am I glad I bailed when I did. Stay safe boys.

Pete

Re: Operation update and a very big thanks

Great to hear the op went OK, hope it heals soon.

very best regards
    Graeme

Great news!! But you'll stay on the prayer list for awhile, lol.
    DW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's great news Dr., I am glad the operation went well. As for leaving, I'm glad you are rethinking that decision. I don't post that often, but I often check the site and look forward to your intersting and informative posts. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.
    - Dawg182

Good to hear all went well.

Other than that, please do stick around, quite a few of us have "moments" with Doxa - i'm one of the biggest culprits! - but we all come back in the end.

Doc,

It's great that the surgery was so successful. And it's great that the words of the people here that really care about you are sinking in. We all get dispirited at times; in the end we realize that our watches are just... watches. It's the people that really matter, and friendships that are built over months and years are probably the most valuable of possessions.

Everyone needs a timeout now and then. Few recognize it when the time comes. So step back, have some Vicodin, polish your watches, and do other stuff. Eventually you won't be able to stand being away... then you come back. I bet everyone will still be here, and we'll hoist a beer in your honor.

Cheers!

Peter - Glad to hear everything went well. It is the journey and the friends you make along the way that are remembered. The responses you got show it is not the watches or the brands but the people that matter most to us.

DaveB

Fantastic Pete ... I am very happy that your operation went well and now I'll pray that you are one of the 95%!!! Also happy you are going to hang out for awhile.

Kathy and I are doing fine but the wind is getting a little strong. We had to go back to the resort after they shut down the airport. We are still in room 215 and also Todd and Brit and staying in our room as well. The othe 3 men are in 213, they made everyone move to the 2nd or 3rd floor. So now it is a cat 3 and we hope it will be fine.

Anyway Pete, please keep us updated on how you are doing!! God Bless Pete.

John

Doc Pete,

Niki and I are happy to hear you're doing better. We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts. I'm happy to hear you're not walking away from us for good. Sort out you problems but please stick around.

Chris

Glad to hear everything went well. People dont realize how dangerous any kind of surgery is. The moderator situation I dont know the story but The powers that be tend to shoot themselves in the foot frequently for some reason.Get well soon! Joe Pignatelli
    --Doxa 300t silver Conquistador He Valve--
    Doxa silver Conquistador (no He valve)-
    -Doxa 300t Reissue Divingstar(seahunter caseback)--
    Doxa 300t Reissue Sharkhunter

Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Pro Reissue (2005)
    Doxa 300t sharkhunter--
    Aqualung U.S.Divers Sharkhunter (Quartz)
    Panerai Pam86-- Panerai Pam199 Regatta --Panera Pam217 Destro --Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Sapphire caseback---Omega Seamaster PreBond-
    2002 Marathon Sar

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information