Orange minute hand for 1000T Sharkie???

Thread: Orange minute hand for 1000T Sharkie???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Orange minute hand for 1000T Sharkie???

OK guys, here's one for all the thinkers and innovators. I really like the look of the SUB 750T Sharkhunter. I think the black face with the orange minute hand and the orange numbering on the bezel is sharp. But, the SUB 1000T just fits and wears better for me. I don't think it looks bad with the white minute hand, Ijust think it would look better with the orange.

Any ideas for getting an orange minute hand for a SUB 1000T Sharkie? I've considered sending it off to one of the usual suspects in customizing and having them strip, paint, and relume the originalahnd. Any other ideas? Am I losing it?
    Remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep. - Rudyard Kipling

Re: Orange minute hand for 1000T Sharkie???

I'm in the same boat with my 750T searambler. I really dislike flat crystals. I figure I'll wait till it's due for it's 5 year service in 2012 or so and have Jack at IWW swap it out for a sapphire domed crystal. My point is, unless you're an instant gratification type of person, what's the rush? This way you have some time to think about whether you really want to blow the pesos on the mod or spend them on a new watch. I figure I have until 2012 to decide whether the domed crystal is something I just can't live without. Besides Doxa may just produce an optional orange handed 1000T Sharkie in the future. Or in my case a domed crystal searambler.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Maybe they're saving the orange hand for the COSC versions? I went back and found Pete's post showing prototypes from Basel. Here's the link...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ighlight=basel

Here's one of Pete's "spy shots" showing the COSC 1000T Sharkhunter w/ an orange hand. I'm hoping they go through with this, so all parties can be happy.

"The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Sharkie 1000 with orange hand looks great. Hope it comes out that way. It would allow members a choice of white or orange minute hand. Doxa has really amp'd up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Maybe they're saving the orange hand for the COSC versions? I went back and found Pete's post showing prototypes from Basel. Here's the link...

Here's one of Pete's "spy shots" showing the COSC 1000T Sharkhunter w/ an orange hand. I'm hoping they go through with this, so all parties can be happy.

"Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post

Hmmm, now that would be the heat!
    Remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep. - Rudyard Kipling

That would be too bad if they saved it only for the COSC versions when we've all been asking for it, especially on a 1000T Caribbean and/or Searambler.

Now the Caribbean is out with all white and loses the look - a big disappointment and I've got to believe that the sales will not be there. But I couldn't go with the COSC at that price point just to get the orange hand.

Hmmm, remind me what the price was on the COSC versions?

Quote Originally Posted by SSeric02 View Post
    Hmmm, remind me what the price was on the COSC versions?
    I believe its about 25% more

Quote Originally Posted by drhoop View Post
    I believe its about 25% more
    Hmm, that might be a show stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by SSeric02 View Post
    OK guys, here's one for all the thinkers and innovators. I really like the look of the SUB 750T Sharkhunter. I think the black face with the orange minute hand and the orange numbering on the bezel is sharp. But, the SUB 1000T just fits and wears better for me. I don't think it looks bad with the white minute hand, Ijust think it would look better with the orange.
    But what about a 750T with a white minute hand. Nice if you can get one Just for you jason.
    Alasdair

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information