Ordered my first DOXA!!!!

Thread: Ordered my first DOXA!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ordered my first DOXA!!!!

Well, I did it!
    Thanks to a couple of gentlemen from DOXA I was able to place my order today and send out my payment.

I ordered the SUB 750T GMT Sharkhunter after many, many, many viewings of pics, and even the YouTube review of the watch.

I didn't get the name of the first gentleman I spoke with, and the second I believe was Andy (I was excited so it may be wrong), but I thank you both!

They couldn't have been nicer and helped me with all the steps I needed to take. This was my first "big" watch purchase, so today was a little nerve-wracking!

Now...the wait.
    When I get it I will of course post pics (I have a new tripod I've not used yet), but man, the wait is going to be tough!!!
    "I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time" - Jack London - James Bond

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Ordered my first DOXA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewatchfiend View Post
    Well, I did it!
    Thanks to a couple of gentlemen from DOXA I was able to place my order today and send out my payment.

I ordered the SUB 750T GMT Sharkhunter after many, many, many viewings of pics, and even the YouTube review of the watch.

I didn't get the name of the first gentleman I spoke with, and the second I believe was Andy (I was excited so it may be wrong), but I thank you both!

They couldn't have been nicer and helped me with all the steps I needed to take. This was my first "big" watch purchase, so today was a little nerve-wracking!

Now...the wait.
    When I get it I will of course post pics (I have a new tripod I've not used yet), but man, the wait is going to be tough!!!
    Big congrats!
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

That is really great. I remember way back when I got my first Doxa. It was a 750T GMT Caribbean. I didn't like it at first when it arrived. It was SO different. However, it was so well made, and so perfectly balanced. The Rice-bead bracelet is different from almost everything else on the market. It didn't take me long and I was hooked, and the rest is history.

May you grow to love Doxa watches as much as I do. Health to enjoy your new watch.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats!!

The GMT is an amazing watch
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewatchfiend View Post
    Well, I did it!

Now...the wait.
    --AC

Congratulations! You will love it!
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex Submariner "K" Serial
    Rolex SeaDweller
    The Beast - Casio GPW1000-4AJF

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Congrats, the GMT Sharky is a great watch! I've got a GMT Divingstar, and couldn't be happier with it's performance.

Enjoy your new watch, and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us .
    Last edited by T Bone; October 30th, 2008 at 06:12.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    That is really great. I remember way back when I got my first Doxa. It was a 750T GMT Caribbean. I didn't like it at first when it arrived. It was SO different. However, it was so well made, and so perfectly balanced. The Rice-bead bracelet is different from almost everything else on the market. It didn't take me long and I was hooked, and the rest is history.

May you grow to love Doxa watches as much as I do. Health to enjoy your new watch.
    you nailed it, Jason, IMO, "so well made, and [especially] so perfectly balanced." I had never heard of Doxa before coming to this forum. They didn't hit me immediately I'll tell ya. Initially I thought the designs were freaky. Easily the biggest switcheroo in my life going from huh? to love.

from the oversized cushion case to the small hour hand and the dial color decompression chart on the outer edge of the bezel...the fit and comfort is amazing, in large part to the rice bead bracelet. I've never had compllments on my watches except my DS GMT--my two best friends, one loved the bracelet, the other the watch. Not that that matters or anything in terms of my enjoyment of it, but it's interesting to me.

very much looking forward to see what Doxa has in store for the new sub. Makes me a little apprehensive because I can't imagine the 750, esp. the GMT, being surpassed.

still no idea why I went from disliking the look of Doxa to Paul on the road to Damascus suddenly loving it. Maybe the sun?

Anyway, congrats to you vintagewatchfiend, you're in for a treat!

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about the GMT before I got one. All the glowing reviews from happy owners seemed just too good to be true. Once I got one, all my doubts were erased and like many other GMT owners I feel the GMT is the best of the Doxas. Yes the bracelet is part of the equation and makes even the standard 750 more comfortable. However, the best part is the combination of an astoundingly precise and accurate movement housed in a uniquely beautiful case that's capable of keeping track of three timezones. When you travel, it's truly the only watch you need. So like lots of other Doxaholics I've become a walking advertisement. Although I can't blame that entirely on my GMT. I give a similar song and dance whenever someone asks about any of my Doxas. You've picked an awesome first Doxa. I know you'll love it.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

GGD

Congratulations mate! I'm sure it will be awesome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast