OT: top of page 116, 'Artic Drift'

Thread: OT: top of page 116, 'Artic Drift'

OT: top of page 116, 'Artic Drift'

"Dirk glanced at his Doxa dive watch before joining Summer..."
    I wonder if Dad gave his watch to his son?
    Later in the book Dirk Sr. "looks at his watch" but no mention if it's a Doxa. It's kinda nice to have Dirk Pitt back in action.
    DW

Re: OT: top of page 116, 'Artic Drift'

No way !!!!!!!!!!!!! Dirk Junior's wearing a 2002 re-edition and Dirk Senior's wearing his 300T, only Congresswoman Loren Smith can get that watch off his wrist

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    No way !!!!!!!!!!!!! Dirk Junior's wearing a 2002 re-edition and Dirk Senior's wearing his 300T, only Congresswoman Loren Smith can get that watch off his wrist

Simon
    You mean Loren Pitt .... the Mrs.
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh Dear. Dirk Junior and Summer....... haven't read the book yet but not a big fan of the kids. What did you think David? How did it compare to others you have read?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    How did it compare to others you have read?
    I haven't finished it yet. As you may know, Dirk Cussler is now co-writing with his father, and I'm not sure how much writing is done by whom: I assume Dirk is doing the lion's share these days.

The beauty of Clive's writing for me has been the intricate weaving of the historic elements into the real time story line, which always had me fascinated with wondering where this was all leading. The various characters also enjoyed a fair amount of time as their backgrounds and histories were told and woven into the story.

It seems to me that there isn't as much of the historic element, and I feel a bit of a rush to get to the meat of the story. I guess the inclusion of Dirk Jr and Summer is to be expected, but they obviously don't have the background of their father to use as things get tight.
    I enjoyed seeing some of my favorite characters make an appearance, Max, St Julien Perlmutter etc...

All in all, I've got to see how the story ends, I'm hopeful the father/son team (Clive and Dirk) can make some new magic for us long-time readers.
    DW

Re: OT: bottom of page 356, 'Artic Drift'

"Pitt glanced at his orange-faced Doxa dive watch."
    :)
    DW

Just ordered the book from Amazon. I usually wait until Sam's Club gets it but you've piqued my curiosity Can't wait to get it. Unfortunately I've filled a shelf with Cussler books and now have to make room on the next shelf down. I almost wish they'd combine volumes like with the James Bond Omnibus so I could save space.

Regarding the Dirk Jr and Summer thing. We should be thankful that Clive is still writing. I've seen too many of my favorite Authors "Buy The farm" before their Serial characters. Also you have to pass things to the next generation otherwise you end up with a character like a 30 year old Bart Simpson who still looks like he's 9. Works OK for a cartoon but not good for Novels.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Thread Information